After we had a little rest from the parade - we headed up the canyon for a pretty (and hopefully shady) afternoon hike:
It was a beautiful hike. I just love the smells of the mountains - so crisp and fresh. Being in that surrounding is so pleasant!
Even though there was lots of shade - we are in the month of July - it. is. quite. hot. But, everyone kept on smilin' and trekkin' along!
I love how the kiddos know how hiking is so much easier with a walking stick. :) And Aaron collects random sticks Harry Potter wands starting sometime over the Summer (and still continues to do so) - so found a nice "springy" wand to cast spells all along the way. ;)
Pretty good lookin' group!
And this chica just oozes prettiness and joy:
The boys got their hair wet to help them cool down:
These two are such good buddies. I love watching them together:
We all made it to a beautiful spot for a quick break before we headed back:
This is such a beautiful area. I can't get these two pictures apart on blogger! Arghh! But, I DO love both of these pictures. Agreed?
Aaron really likes the "Victorious!" pose. Funny kid. I have no idea why he was feeling so celebratory at this point in the hike. ;)
These girlies love their grandma Pat - and held hands for a good part of the hike. Cute!
Love going on family hikes! I want to go again before snow hits!!
3 comments:
SO fun!! I love how Hannah wore a skirt! She is so girly! :) What a great day for you all! :)
Such a fun and full day! If not for all the rosy cheeks and sweaty lips you would think it was nice and cool.
They are even more fun once the snow hits!! ;) Kent
Post a Comment