Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Miller Family Reunion 2012 (Part 2)

The pond was super close to our camp site - like 1/4th of a mile or something away - but, we all enjoyed loading up in the back of James' truck with all our gear to drive over there anyway, 'cuz it was the coolest!  ;)

Beautiful place to spend a week!

We have learned that fishin' at the Miller Family Reunions is a must.  Everyone gets a TON of fishing in on these trips!  And this year - the Jenson clan actually out-fished the James boy!!  I know.  Shocker!  But, it's true - and we'll never let him forget it!  haha.

This is how me and the sista's enjoy fishing.  No poles. Just shade, treats, and good company.  :)

Marissa caught like 15 fish or something this trip!  I have a kazillion pictures of her with yet another fish on the end of her pole.  She was SO proud!
 

See?  (Don't worry - I didn't include pictures of ALL of her catches -- but, I DID get a picture of every one.  haha!)  Krystal and Ethan really are starting to love to hang out more.  It's really cute!  They look a lot a like, I think.
 

All of Marissa's fish were let go after they were caught, except this one - that James helped her fry up -- and then gobble up.  (Ew.  lol)  She loved it, though.  Then - I had to include the pics of Mom trying to finish up that zipper on her tent trailer.  The pics are pretty self explanatory -- and hilarious.  Oh, the fun us Miller girls get to have with our OCD.  :)  But - really.  That zipper HAD to be all the way zipped up - I mean, that would have driven us ALL crazy!
 

 

Several rounds of "Bear Bear Moose Moose" kept us laughing for a good while!  (Marissa doing the "donkey" sign and Aaron doing the "Bear Bear" sign):
 

Krystal chose the animal "Squirrel" and to do the squirrel sign - you had to wiggle your fingers under your chin and say "squiddlydee-squiddlydee"!  She is pretty clever ... and cute!  [Who knows what in the heck Marissa is doing in that pic - having a blast, that's for sure!]
 

Krystal doing the donkey - and gramps doing the squirrel.  HAHA - he looks pretty squirrel-y, if ya ask me!  ;)
 
And - still more gamin'!

Together is ALWAYS the best place to be!

Melynda packed all kinds of extras (which Daddio was very willing to point out often ... "your whole dam bathroom!!!" -- haha), and we reaped the rewards of her efforts!  Pedicures for all (even the father didn't miss out - LOL).  I especially love this picture because:  1 - Megan has just found the color she wants for her toesies and is super excited about it :D, and 2 - Ethan's cute face as he admires his freshly painted toe nails.  LOVE!

Can ya name the foot?

Krystal kept telling me that her face was so squished inside the helmet when she went 4-wheeling.  I finally had a look for myself.  She wasn't kiddin'!  Check out those squished cheeks!

Giving our "football toss tarp" a whirl:

Krystal fell out of the hammock and got the wind knocked out of her - so grandma took good care of her and got her all set up with some fluffed up pillows and an i-phone (some things just take care of any ailment, eh?)  Grandma joined her for some good old fashioned i-phone fun.  :)  The rest of us continued our marshmallow roasting.  Priorities, I tell ya!

Megan was obsessed with Grandma singing her nursery rhymes.  Granted, Grandma really exaggerated the "she CUT of their tails with a butcher's knife!" and "she WHIPPED them all soundly and sent them to bed!"  Megan was so appalled ... but, kept begging for those two over and over.  hahahahaha!  They were so fun to watch.

 Yep. Sunburn.  But, all the great fishing was worth it she claims:

Gramps packed some hot diggities (which were not on our menu) - but, ended up being THE greatest late night snack.  We roasted and ate every last dog in that Mega Pack! 

Loved this picture of our tired girlie waiting for her Dad to finish her hot dog.  Can you feel the love?  I can.

Yumm!

Seriously.  So many more pics to post still.  :)

6 comments:

Linz said...

Wow!! How fun!! SO much to comment on that I can't even think straight! ... Okay, that picture of Megan's face during pedicures - priceless!! Marissa's face about the sunburn - so cute (and sad - sorry about the sunburn. And, just because I can still see it right now - I love the one of the girls eating hot dogs! lol!!

Looks like so much fun was had!! The zipper thing is too funny!!

Kent and Leisy said...

how come we weren't invited?!!? looks like it was fun!

Michelle said...

@ Kent and Leisy - Was it just 2 years ago that you tried calling all of us for a week (while we were on our Miller Reunion Camp Out) - and thought we had all fallen off the face of the earth? haha! Not funny, I know.

Maybe you guys could try to come out next year. I'm not sure if we've already got a place booked or not. I wouldn't mind hitting up Yellowstone again if we could make that work. I hope you can! That would be so cool. Let us know some dates that might work for you and we'll coordinate.

M- your favorite said...

Okay that was a fun week! We really are awesome!

Everyone wants to be part of our family! We are FUN!

Thanks for taking pictures michelle! You are amazing!

Pat and Brent said...

You've shown the highlights of the trip in such a beautiful way (as usual). Can't wait for next years trip. It would be so awesome if Kent and Leisy and kids could be with us. That would make it perfect!

tiffany said...

how fun you guys make camping look like tons of fun (and im not a camper i hate camping) i agree with lindsay megans face in the pedicure pic is priceless I LOVE IT and iphones and grandmas can fix everything well grandmas can fizx everything