Aaron finished yet another year of Flag Football. I really noticed the light bulb come on for him this year ... and, although football is way more rough than I'm comfortable with -- it's a "think about it" game too. He had a good year of football - and really loved it.
He played 2 positions mainly - snapping the ball (whatever that position is called ;)):
... which he was awesome at - and he really got more aggressive this year in his blocking:
And the guy on the end (whatever THAT position is called!):
He was SO good when he was in this position - and pulled many a flags that escaped the middle crowd:
Like so --
The football teams played quite a bit more rough this year than last (happy dance from the Mom --- NOT!) One game - Aaron got caught up in some big blocking scene and got kicked in the face - ripping up his lip and knocking his tooth out. Yeah. You heard me right - KNOCKING his tooth right out of his mouth!!! (Granted - his tooth was loose, anyway -- but, still! ...)
The tooth fairy deemed that tooth (which was lost somewhere on the football field) worthy of a $5.00 prize. Aaron wasn't complainin'!
Aaron has informed me that he's planning on playing tackle football next year. (Be still my heart!!!!) I'm not 100% sure this is going to happen (don't tell Tyler I said that). haha. Seriously, though. I'm hyperventilating just thinking about it. On the up side - he agreed to practice piano as much as he practices football. That's gotta be a bonus right there. :)
Love my boy!
3 comments:
your talking my lauangue with football positions im clueless about the sport and honestly dont really want to understand it
im glad aaron is haveing a blast with it im sure he will love tackle next year that sucks he got his tooth kicked out i love his hair in the pictures of his burised lip and missing tooth i love the spikes $5 so worth it thow
thanks for the comments im not a domestic diva yet but im working on it lol (i think to achive that status reqiures marriage and children)
I love this post. First off - way to go Aaron, for being so rough and tough! Way to go mom for letting him! (I, too, would much prefer listen to that cutie play the piano than watch him knock teeth out...;))
I also love your position names. That's how I do it too!
WAY TO GO AARON! I don't think your going to get away with NOT letting him play tackle football. Ty is so excited about it- it's going to happen! He is AWESOME!! I love it!
Post a Comment