Friday, February 6, 2009

" 'Cuz It's A Girl's Night ... "

" ... We're All Right Without You."

This is what Marissa said to Aaron when he was worried about how he would fit in for her girls only reading party. Nice.

Thank Heavens Marissa is the type of sister that includes her younger siblings in most anything and everything ...


(Sierra does most of the producing ... and leaves the loonie-ness to the professionals ;) haha).

AND ... thank heavens Aaron was invited to go to a basketball game with a bunch of boys that night as well (thanks Mendonsas!!)


Here are the girls reading "Coraline" ... they had the audio book going ... and followed along every once in a while ... pausing to memorize all the weird songs and sayings that they got a kick out of:

And, of course, taking a break after every chapter to test their amazing skills:

I love LOVE Marissa's friends. They are so fabulous.

10 comments:

M- your favorite said...

That is so dang cute! I also really like Marissa's friends! She has got a bunch of good ones! I love her read over! That is so fun! Michelle did you come up with that? Man I love Marissa! she is so pretty! Miss-dee I love the shirt you are wearing. SO CUTE!

M- your favorite said...

I forgot to say I loved the dance moves! You guys can ROCK!! Krystal is so dang cute! I want to just eat her up!

Plonnie said...

oh michelle!! after watching that video of the girls dancing i had to call jer in here ASAP! there is one little snipit of her air guitaring, and it totally took us back to when she was just a little thing, like 3 or 4 and she was doing an awesome air guitar rock out concert with that glitter red wig. do you remember?? we totally gotta find that one and blog it. oh man, she's the cutest thing. she's growing up and maturing so much, but she's still so fun and adorable, no matter how old she gets. i love her. what a great night she had with her friends, and i loooove what she told aaron when he asked about how he'd fit in. she's very sweet and aaron and krystal are so blessed to have her as their big sis.

tiffany said...

oh the joys of childhood wish i could escape back to it once in awhile looks like tons of fun

tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linz said...

What a great party! She is a sweet young lady!

Katy said...

How adorable! And to have a reading party, that totally rocks! So fun!

Pat and Brent said...

what a fun idea! You guys know how to make reading fun. Loved the dancing - Sierres' choriography was great-especially the magic wands raised high in the air! Cute cute girls (and Aaron of course)!

Jennifer Nielson said...

SO CUTE! I have got so say that you two are such COOL parents. Your post got us talking about how fun it would be to be your kids. I'll have to explain more another day--

Marissa is really blessed to have such good friends. And she seems like a great one too- It makes me so happy to see young girls having fun without compromising any of their standards. That is true FUN! And they are quite the dancers too ;)

We hope to get together with you guys again one of these days when we're a little closer. Too bad we didn't take advantage of our proximity back when. Until next time- I am very grateful for blogs!

Hillary Luke said...

What a lot of fun! When are we going to do that?