Sunday, February 22, 2009

M's Skate Part-ay

I have to admit - last time I went to Classic Skate - I vowed I would never go there again. BUT .... what can I say? I'd do anything for M. :) Aaaaaaaand - it was seriously the best time ever!! We had so SO SO much fun.

Here's M gettin' her groove on:


Here's Dad in his first pair of skates that he was a little wobbly in ... actually, he pretty much nearly crashed and burned a dozen times the first time around the rink in them. So - we wised up ... and upgraded to the $3.00 skates. They were MUCH better ... and then, I could barely get any pics of Dad 'cuz he was so speedy. :)


Aaron was a trooper and kept trying and trying in his skates until he could go around the rink 4 or 5 times without falling down. That kid never ceases to amaze me - he is very persistent (it also helps that he is such a fast learner).


Marissa took kind of a "skates on"/"skates off" approach to the evening. She had to give herself a few breaks here and there (we needed the break too - haha), because it was such hard work! Melynda was very devoted - and got her goin' (a little) by the end. Thanks M!

Miss needed much support - and would take down half the rink with every fall. LOL!!

Love you so much, Dee!! Thanks for having such a good attitude - keeping us all laughing - and laughing along with us ... and STILL not giving up! You are the best.

Dad and his baby girl ....
The back of Dad zooming by was about all I could get of him with my camera ... he was a pretty fast skating machine!

M - thank you for always making EVERY kiddo feel special. I don't know how you do it - but, you make time for each and every one of us. We all feel #1 on your list. I am so grateful for you and your friendship. I count my lucky stars to have you as a sister!


Every so often - the regular skating would be stopped and Classic Skate would have us all do some sort of activity. One of the activities was a race around the rink. Here are the kids watching the final racers:


Hanna, of course, jumped right in with all the big kids for the first race ... no questions asked ... and completely confident that she had the race in the bag! :) My kiddos pretty much "raced" to the sidelines when the announcement was made for all racers to line up in the rink. haha.


Here's Mariss finally feeling confident enough to go it on her own on the carpet. She's determined ... bless her heart. And my Aar-bear ... who continued to fall into the straddles immediately after this picture. Somehow, he managed to fall in the splits several times. Ouch.


Krystal just scooted all over the place like that was what she was made to do. She thought she was pretty tricky ... doin' the cross over push and holding her leg in the air and shimmy-shakin' to the music. I struggled getting a picture of it. Dang it. But, hopefully I'll always remember it. She just melts my heart - this girl - my cute and sassy princess.


Thanks for such a great time, M! You made your birthday fun for all of us!!! We love you!

8 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I loved this post! It made me sad though to see how big Marissa and Aaron are!! Marissa isn't a little girl any more! They are all growing up. Posts like these make me feel like I can be there all the way here in Ohio. Love you!!

Linz said...

That looks like such a fun party! I haven't been in sooo long! But... I'd be there with Miss. Skating is hard for me!! Way to go to all of you! And Happy Birthday M!!

tiffany said...

i agree with linz it looks like so much fun and id be right there miss i cant roller skate it to me till i was 12 or 13 to finally figure out how to roller skate and i havent been since i own a pair of roller skates i just never put them on and practice i need m to come and help me

M- your favorite said...

You know that was really fun! I want to go again! Thanks everyone for making me day so special! I love you all so much!

Katy said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Glad that you all had such a good time!
Happy Birthday Melynda!

Katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat and Brent said...

I missed out! The skating looks super fun. The kids were pretty excited and proud of their escapades. Glad I was able to meet you for dinner - it was a fun night. Glad M helps us all party hardy!

Plonnie said...

oh my gosh, how fun is that!! i love that melynda wanted to go there for her birthday. she is so much fun. she does have a way of making everyone feel like number 1. that's an amazing quality! she's also just a very genuine person. love all the pictures. love krystal's and hannah's matching outfits. and aaron always impresses me with his ability to learn anything in a matter of a couple rounds of practices. marissa.. what a good sport. she's so cute, and getting prettier every day. love this post! so much fun!