The emergency room doctor was so shocked when he saw the x-ray that proved her wrist was broken. She was all smiles and politeness when he asked her if it hurt. But, now that I look at the picture closely ... you can tell how worried she was.
After the doctor put the splint and sling on (and left to get the paper work), she broke down and just sobbed and sobbed. She kept saying, "I'm just so worried about DeeDee and Aaron!" Bless her heart. She was a wreck ... and, I know she was hurting.

But, she got it all together as soon as the doc came back ... and saved the rest of her tears for the car ride home. A week later, she picked out an ORANGE cast. Surprise! She's right handed (which is the hand she broke), so she has become quite good at using her left hand ... although, she spills a lot ... and gets very frustrated trying to get dressed.
16 comments:
Poor thing! How did she break it? 2 more weeks is such a long time! But, just in time for Valentines day!
Sweet Krystal. Her smile is to die for. She doesn't act like that cast bothers her at all. What a little trooper.
my heart is absolutly broken i have never had a broken bone between lennys arm ankle leg amandas ankle leg and ikes collor bone its not fun she is a trooper for not crying in front of the dr i would have been a wreck
That poor thing! SHe is so sweet! I hope these two weeks go fast! Give her a big kiss for me!
I don't think we ever heard how she broke her arm?? Why was she so concerned about Aaron and Marissa? I'm glad she gets the cast taken off soon! Take a picture of the arm right when it comes off!! - Kent
awh, bless her sweet little heart. poor thing. how brave of her to hold in her emotions. awwhhh!!
i love all the pics... so sad, but good documentation! and ty does a good frowny face.
i'm glad it's almost off. not soon enough, but getting there anyway!
lv plonnie
Kent and Katy:
She just fell off that table backwards - then broke her wrist when she caught herself. :(
I have NO idea why she was so worried about Marissa and Aaron. I just think all those emotions just came out in a gush ... and she wasn't sure where it was all from either. You know how it is ... your a Miller! hahaha.
I'm so scared to see her arm when the cast comes off. She has eczema pretty bad ... and her skin is quite raw around the edges of the cast ... so, I would probable have been too distracted to remember to take a pic. So ... thanks for the suggestion.
Oh. I just realized that the paragraph about how she broke her wrist is not in my post. ???? I don't know how that happened. I kept wondering why people didn't understand how she broke her arm ... 'cuz, I thought I put that all in there.
She fell backwards off of a children's size table. We were in the family room playing video games together, and that table was in there from New Years (for snacks). She just happened to be sitting on it.
And ... double oh. ... we left Marissa and Aaron home alone while we took her to the hospital. That must have been why she was so worried about them. ???
Oh my heck, she is the SWEETEST thing!! Cute girl, I'm glad she is ok. I love the orange cast.
I love that girl! I am so sorry she broke her arm, but she does seem to be doing fine with it. She is so cute!
Ouch! So sorry to hear about the break--but glad things are better. It is neat that she is more ambidexterous now. And, wow, amazing self control! We love and miss you guys; can't wait to see more updates! (Elijah and Jenny)
We love you Krystal! Hope your arm gets will soon! You are a cutie and Sophie LOVES to play Babies with YoU!
What a brave kid! Hope she feels better soon.
Not fun! Thanks for commenting on my blog. (I'm glad someone reads it!) We've been crazy busy so I haven't read too many. Your pictures are great. I'm thinking I need a new camera.
hi is everything ok? did she get her cast off yet? my heart is still acheing for her
Post a Comment