We have really had a crazy last month due to sickness. Krystal had strep .... and has had a cold/cough pretty much all of January and most of February. Marissa has missed more than a week of school this last month because of sinus issues and the flu. I've been miserable with sinus/coughing issues. Tyler had his worst bout of gaut yet and ended up taking a week and a half off of work trying to recover. It's been a mess. Aaron got the flu -- but survived without a trip to the hospital for the first time ever!!!! Hoooooooray! Poor guy DID have to be dragged (throwing up) to the doctor's office. How miserable is that? Being in the car with the flu is THE worst. Anyway ... Tyler and I didn't sleep for 2 days while we worried ourselves sick about Aaron and the balance between keeping his tummy settled and his blood sugar up. We all seem to be NEARLY better now ... just lingering coughs and sniffles. BUT -- here's to a better month.
Aaron got new glasses! He really doesn't need them other than for slight astigmatism, but he wanted them so bad ... ??? weird. Anyway - he only needs to wear them when he's in school or practicing the piano. He has this strange tick where he moves his eyebrows up and down ... and the eye doc thought he was squinting ... so thought maybe glasses would help. hahaha. Aaron is just quirky ... and this squinty/eyebrow thing is just his latest phase. Silly kid.
Aaron also performed in the Piano Festival this month and did fabulous. He scored a Superior* and will earn his first gold cup in April. I have to admit - it's tricky to keep at it - we keep letting the days slide by without practicing ... but he manages to keep plugging along (and we practice GOOD when we get the ball rolling :)). Here's Aaron with his bud Isaac at Festival. They got to play in the same group which Aaron thought was really cool. Thank heavens Isaac's Mom took a pic ... cuz I didn't even bring a camera! DUH!
I have so much to blog about ... but we just haven't been at 100% lately --- and regular life just requires .... well, more. :) Anywho - I guess I'm usually behind by about 2 weeks in the blog world anyway. Many more random posts to come .... :)
6 comments:
I LOVE his glasses. and tell him that I also just have a slight astigmatism :) I wear mine for reading and watching movies :)
-leisy
His glasses are so cute!
I am so so so sorry that you all have been sick! I will be praying for a speedy and complete recovery for you all! Love you!
He looks so good in his glasses, I love them. He is such a great kid with his ticks and all!
Love that sweet boy! I remember getting glasses in the 5th grade and thinking it was cool but I only wore them once or twice. Hope he uses his more than I did.
I'm so glad you're all on the mend and that there were no required hospitatlizations!!
It was so fun seeing you at the eye doctor! I love his glasses! He looks so cute in them. It's so funny that he wants them - so does Isabel, and I keep telling her to be thankful she doesn't have to wear them.
Sorry you guys have been sick! Boo! That's never fun. Glad you're getting better.
I'm way behind the times here, sorry. The glasses are adorable. I hope you are all feeling better now!
Post a Comment