Tyler and I have been talking a lot lately about what goals we want to work on this new year. Change is really hard for me - and, I don't think I'm necessarily lazy, but trying to set goals seems a little overwhelming for me each year. Tyler and I talked about making little changes and improvements ... not something COMPLETELY different, but being better at what we're already doing. We also talked about the importance of still being specific with what we want to work on. I really like that idea. It seems more realistic to me. So, here are my "baby step" goals for 2011:
1. The theme in Primary this year is "I Know the Scriptures Are True". I have felt SO strongly about this theme and making it important in my own life as well as the primary kids (in Singing Time) this year. So my number one goal for 2011 is to read the scriptures EVERY DAY, and study and ponder specific scriptures (that relate to the songs I'm teaching) every week.
2. Magnify my callings. I love being the Singing Time leader in my ward, and being the Stake Primary Music Leader has been very challenging. That being said - I get a "burned out" attitude on a monthly basis. This wouldn't happen if I stayed more prepared - so, that's what I'm going to work on. I'm introducing the new theme and song tomorrow in Primary, and I'm anxious for it to go well.
3. Exercise "officially" once a week. (Man - just typing that makes me nervous!!) I hope this is a realistic goal. I gotta start somewhere. I always rationalize and say that I got enough exercise cleaning the house, running errands, or (haha) doing singing time. I have so admired those around me (Leisy and Linz!!) that make exercise a priority. I know it's important.
4. Keep my house clean. This may seem like a silly goal, and really - I'm already pretty anal about how clean my house is. I like my house CLEAN (drives Marissa particularly crazy). But - keeping a house clean is quite time consuming. And now that our house is three years old - things are adding up (cleaning the blinds, baseboards, ceiling corners, cupboards, closets) - plus the usual stuff. And I want to keep up on that. So - I'm making it a goal! :)
5. Blog. hahaha! This blog is important to me, because I feel like it keeps track of my family - and, I think that is important for my kiddos. Sometimes I like to blog - and sometimes I hate it. I ALWAYS like to go back and read it. :) And I KNOW I love reading others' blogs. But, ya know - it's time consuming - so, on my goal list it goes. ;)
I'd like to know how others work through New Year Resolutions, so please feel free to share. And Happy New Year!
5 comments:
i enjoy reading your blog i love krystal singing thr books of the book of mormon song that is awsome your goas are great i need to work on some of those too
i dont useally make goals becuse i never stick to them
Great goals! I too want to make sure we read scriptures daily!! I love the Primary theme too, and I love thie idea of incorporating it into our famiy daily.
#3 - Great goal, but don't be overwhelmed! Remember - I started out just going on a walk. Little by little, exercise has become an important part of my sanity. I don't exercise to enjoy that hour of exercise. I exercise to enjoy the other 23 hours in the day. Seriously!
Good luck and Happy New Year!!
Michelle- you are amazing! Very nice goals! i think that they all sound great. I am still thinking about what goals I am going to make this year as well.
Happy 2011!
way to go! I agree- take it a step at a time :) You should form a walking group for your neighborhood once a week or something! or maybe even with your sisters or mom- or tyler. working out with others helps me A TON!!
Great goals!! I love them!
I wish you were in our Stake with all your cute ideas! I am the Primary Prez and we are going to have the kids memorize scriptures this year and do a chain. Last year we memorized the A of Faith..pretty good turnout.
Where did you get that treasure box? My counselor is looking for one for us. And the exercise is GREAT! you will be amazed at how great you feel with that! Good luck! I can't wait to get back to it once this baby comes!
Post a Comment