Monday, March 7, 2011

Going COOL

Midway has these cool ice castle looking sculptures that we walked through one of the nights we were in Midway.  They were DEFINITELY a highlight.  So cool!

I just couldn't get over how much I felt like I was in a cave with stalactites growing everywhere ... except in ice form.  :)
 

We all enjoyed them ... but we got cold FAST!
 

 

Beautiful, eh?
 

AND ... on our way home, we stopped off at Deer Creek to walk on the frozen lake.  You would never guess that something that simple and free could be such a great hit.  We all thought we were pretty groovy. ;)
 

Ice skating races!
 

 

That is the end of our Midway trip.  Ahhhhh, how I love reliving memories through blogging.  haha.

4 comments:

Linz said...

Those are AMAZING!!!! How fun! I am glad you guys had a great time!!

tiffany said...

awsome how fun you make living in the snow look so fun

Justin and Lacie said...

Those are such cool ice sculptures! That looks like a great time... maybe next year I will put see the ice in midway as a winter trip! And ice skating...awesome! Looks like you guys had a fantastic time!

Pam and Rand said...

This ice is really amazing!