Well, we braved the crowds and went to Color Fest this year. We had SUCH a good time! (Traveling was torture, though! I can't believe how many people come to this!)
Here are the girls waiting for the shuttle with their bags of colored chalk:
On the shuttle to take us to the Hari Krishna temple (the shuttle on the way back was so crammed full, I couldn't even reach in my pocket to get my camera out).
The girls got started right away:
I can't believe how colorful we all got!
Melynda and I got to go with the girlies. I was very happy to have her there with us. She always makes things that much more fun. :)
Color ... color ... color! Check out that silly girl in the background of our picture on the left. haha.
Just about every picture I had of M in action - she is making this face. hahahahaha. It really isn't incredibly pleasant to get a handful of chalk in your face and up your nose. I love Anaka's "all business" look. :)
Barely recognizable at this point:
Missy's best buds:
Melynda posted a hand print on the back of Marissa's head ... pretty cool looking, eh?
At every odd hour throughout the day there is a 10 second count down ... at which point everyone throws all the rest of their colors up in the air. It was pretty cool .... and dusty ... and colorful! We stayed on the outskirts of the crowds, but man - there were a LOT of people - jiving to the live music and body surfing through the swarms of people. CRAZYLAND!
This was my all time favorite picture! I love how Sierra and Anaka have these war faces on while they finish up their color chalk - and Marissa is her same ol' "happy go lucky" smiley self. HAHA! I just LOVE it.
Here we are:
Cute buds - love these girls!
Thanks for being there with us, M!! We wouldn't have it any other way. :)
Bajios for a pre-dinner snack = fun and complete day.
Then, we got to enjoy the Young Women broadcast snuggled up in blankets after hot showers. What a fabulous day. Love you, Miss!
4 comments:
hahaha!!! I want to go next year!!! :)
i want to go next year too that looks like tons of fun
Thanks for the great day of crazy! I am glad to say I finally went! A lot of fun!
I wanted to see how it rinsed out of your hair! How fun. Maybe when the boys are old enough we'll do it.
Post a Comment