Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just When We Think We're Out of the Woods ...

... Krystal goes and gets sick.  :(  Bless her heart.  We haven't even hardly STEPPED inside the hospital for well over a year, but - I'm sure glad it's there to get my baby better.

Here she is on the way to the pediatrician (that pale face makes for some extra blue eyes and stand-out freckles!):


Our pediatrician (Dr. Neilsen) is fabulous.  I called in the morning to make her an appointment (and got one for 1:45 that afternoon) ... about 10 minutes after I hung up, the nurse called and said that Dr. Neilsen asked her to call and tell us to just bring Krystal in right away (because of her history), so that they could get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.  I'm so grateful for that.  Because it has been a year and a half since we have been through this,  I really was just unsure.  Krystal was so back and forth - I thought she MIGHT be fine making it until 1:45.  Anyway -- blahdeblahblah go my thought processes ...

Dr. Neilsen told us that Krystal would be better off to go to the hospital for a quick fix than trying to wait it out and just (possibly - and most likely) watch her get worse as the day went by.  So, we took her in .... and she was brave during three tries to get an IV inserted.

Just a few hours later, she was starting to perk up:

They then discovered that she had strep throat and were able to get her going on an antibiotic.  Krystal felt a lot better already, and, between resting and movies - we had a pretty boring day while the IV worked it's magic.  We entertained ourselves with this mirror in the hospital table:

Krystal was discharged that evening around 7 or 7:30, and Tyler told her - "you just needed a little tune-up, that's all!"  Her BFF came by just as she was getting her IV out, and that totally made her day!

Krystal still took two more days to recover completely, but this "little tune-up" sure helped her out.  Glad you're feeling better, sis!  Thanks AWESOME Petersons for dinner and help with our other kiddos.  You guys rock!

4 comments:

tiffany said...

bummer she got sick im so glad she is feeling that the dr took her in right away thats awsome

Kent and Leisy said...

That stinks! Glad she got better quick rather than sicker slower. Much better for everyone involved! Glad she's feeling better! - Kent

Angie said...

Poor thing. I'm glad she's feeling better. That's so sweet of her friend to come and see her!

Linz said...

Awww, I'm so sorry she got sick again! :( I am so glad your doctor is proactive and that she was able to get fixed up fast! Sweet thing!!