With Christmas and December birthdays upon us - I got busy with some crochet projects.
Now, I haven't picked up a crochet hook since I was a teen-ager ...
But, my Dad started crocheting this year, and it really motivated me ... along with the "Angry Birds". hahaha!
My Mom made Krystal this cute as heck red "Angry Bird hat", and I had a baby shower coming up - so I copied her pattern and made the itty-bitty black angry bird. Aren't they darling?
I have to post all of these, because - quite frankly - I'm so proud of all my work. :D!
Here are all the birthday presents I made for Ty's family (headbands, a pink purse, another Angry Bird hat, and a HUUUUUGE - as tall as Krystal - elf-ish hat [for Uncle Jers]). I have to admit - crocheting got kind of addicting, and I had fun making these!
We learned how to make these gorgeous headbands through amazing people in my ward. I love them. The crochet is the easy part. Attaching the ribbon was super tricky, and I ended up throwing two away that I ruined with that darn hot glue. UGH!! But, these two turned out very nice, if I say so myself. ;)
Then, I kept on crocheting for Christmas presents (I'm pretty crochet-ed out now).
A bauble scarf - a barn purse with barn animal finger puppets - and a BYU hat
These guys are cuties, and I think Amy (my sweet niece) really liked them!
The hats always look so strange in the first phases - but, the details make them come together nicely. My kids all want one of these BYU hats. :) I love the bauble stitch on this scarf ... doing so many of them made my hands WAY sore!
My grandma has crocheted all of her grandkids gifts for years - I truly don't know how her hands hold up. My mom too! Thank you, Mom - for teaching me to crochet!
6 comments:
A-hem. I would like a headband. Let me know how much. :)
I love LOVE the angry bird hats! Those are so cute! Everything looks great! Way to Crochet!! This almost tempts me to learn how! :)
WOW! Did you some AMAZING work! They all turned out super cute!
Thanks, guys! I really appreciate the validation. :)
Linz - I will whip up a headband for you and get it in the mail ASAP - consider it an award for most comments on my blog. hahaha! :) LOVE yas!
I am super impressed! Those are so cute!! That is one thing I want to learn how to do this year. But....I say that every year, so I guess time will tell. :) Nice job!
i love the angry bird hats and the head bands i would love one of each just name the price
i understand about being crochetd out im there with my afagan
and dyou have motivaed me to learn more stiches
It's nice to see a talent that gets improved upon with each generation. Amazing fast work.
Post a Comment