LAST. DAY. OF. SCHOOL!!!!
(That's gotta be like holiday or something, yeah?)
But, I was seriously stressed out about all the extra cooking and cleaning that was heading my way -- so, we had to lay down some ground rules (in a fun, Summer-y, school is over!!! way, of course):
A box of Donuts!
It was a big hit - and the kiddos were even on board with keeping our Summer as structured as possible:
YUM!
Then we set up the tent for a First-Night-Of-The-Summer camp out (in the backyard). They were so very excited. And I realized how close we live to the train tracks - as trains were blowing their horns all freaking night long!! (They have never kept me awake before when I'm inside)!
And now that I've finally posted this - we only have about 4 weeks left to our Summer Vacation! CRAZY!!
4 comments:
I love the donuts idea!! TOO cute! I even pinned it. :) Great start of summer!
I'm definitely going to be using these ideas for my kiddos! I can't believe that I'm going to have a kid in school!! it's CRAZY!!
I just love reading all your posts about all the fun things you guys are doing! I like your donut idea! Cute! I can't believe we are in the home stretch of Summer. It makes me a little sad. :( Can't wait to see what else you guys have been up to! :)
Totally LOVED this idea. Hope I remember it for next year, or maybe I'll bend it somehow for the first of the school year:)
Post a Comment