Aaron had a great 4th grade year - with straight A's yet again. He loved his teacher this year and worked really hard. At one of the first parent teacher conferences, his teacher pulled out an "Honors Requirement" contract that had a list of extra projects the 4th graders could do to receive an Honors Award. I'm always a little leery about contracts, and I think I surprised the teacher when I wasn't willing to sign it right then. I told her we would need to take it home and think about it. Well, Aaron (of course) was 100% confident that he could do it and promised that he wouldn't complain when the going got tough (there were some really tough things on that list!) I had to buck up personally to try to commit to help him with the bigger projects (reflections contest which = lots of paper work for me, science fair -- which = I. HATE! lol., book reports from FOUR DIFFERENT GENRES -- which I thought would be the hardest (and it was), and lots of memorizing -- which = more nagging from the Mom). And after a week of really talking about it, we both signed that contract and turned it in. Then he worked hard all year to complete each project. I'm really proud of him -- and the book reports only produced a couple of hours of tears (haha!) Only 5 people in his class finished that list ENTIRELY, and he was the only boy. What. a. Stud. :)!!
Grandma Pat, Grandpa Brent, and M joined us for his recognition night (they were proud of him too). :)
The students had displayed some of their art work around the room, and Aaron was very proud of the two he chose to display. Then, the kids that wanted to read a story or poem they had written - and Aaron did a great job on his.
Here he is receiving his honors award. (Can you blame him for liking his teacher so much? She is so dang cute! --- AND a sweet heart).
And his certificate of graduating the 4th Grade! Way-ta-Go bud! He is growing up so fast!
He also auditioned for the end-of-year school talent show and was selected to perform. He played "Dark Horse" and knocked everyone's socks off (he's been playing that song for a year now - and can play it incredibly fast and perfect! It's seriously awesome.) We went into the office to check the kids out, and one of the secretaries said, "well -- if it isn't the concert pianist of the school himself!" Aaron was so cute and took a nice, formal bow at the end of his piece. He really looked like a professional up there. The kids went wild with his performance. Really - it was a proud moment. He's such a good, friendly, likeable, amazing kid. I'm so happy to have him as mine!
The end of May is crazy. No wonder we look forward to Summer so much! :)
4 comments:
I just love Aaron!! Way to be the concert pianist for the school, and get the Honors award!
I have to tell you - I am not big on contracts either. I am so with you! I surprise teacher that way too, when I say, "no - we're going to really think about this first," and "No, I don't do PTO." lol! We're like soul sisters!
That is really awesome! He is such a great kid! Made me cry at the end! He is so cute! Glad he is mine! :) Love that boy!
It's no secret that I have a super soft spot for my Aar-bear! What an amazing boy he is - and he just keeps getting better (if that is even possible!). So proud of you Aaron. Love flowing over!!
so- can you send me some pointers on figuring out how to get my boys to be that amazing?! seriously, though. holy smokes!!
Post a Comment