During the month of June - I had the privilege of being BOTH a Wolf Den Leader as well as the 2nd Counselor in the Young Women's Program. Yep - I was called to serve with the young women (particularly the Beehives) in our ward. I am really lacking in confidence, but I had been praying so hard for Marissa (whose best friend, Sierra, just announced a move to Bountiful by the end of the Summer), and I am thinking that maybe this calling might be part of an answer to my prayers. I received an amazing blessing when I was set apart - and have since felt very up to the challenge - and it certainly helps that my BFF (and Wolf Den Partner!), Carly, was called as the Secretary in the Young Women Program. :) We are having a great time - but, more on that when I get more caught up on blogging.
Sooooooo - for a "grand finale" den meeting at the end of June - we put together a Mad Scientist Party. We. had. so. much. fun!! How am I going to survive without these sweet cub scouts in my life every Tuesday?!? Agh!! It has seriously been the best calling ever!
Here they are watching a cool experiment where Carly lights a teabag on fire - and then it floats up into the air! We all thought it was awesome.
We spent a good portion of the evening making GAK - it was super messy and super cool! I am loving these boys in their "mad-scientist" goggles showing their finished products. :)
Elephant toothpaste - (don'tcha just love the "Whooaaa!" faces? I sure do!)
How can this not be the best calling ever? Look at those faces!
And then outside for Exploding Bags (with vinegar and baking soda):

For our treat we had Kool-Aid ice cubes of different flavors in Sprite. It's quite yummy, actually! And the boys loved it - as you can see!
Soap in the microwave -- very cool! It puffs up and becomes all squishy. Weird!
I'm gonna miss Cub Scouts!









2 comments:
wow fun projects
how fub to be in young womens you will be great at it and they will all love you im so sad that marssias bff is moveing that is so sad
Awww!!! I wish our cubs leaders did those kind of fun things!! (Move to Ivins, maybe?!)
Congrats on your calling into YWs! You will love it!! My personal advice - do the Personal Progress yourself - the whole program! It will change your life, and totally help with your calling!! I am so excited for you! I miss YWs so much!
Post a Comment