Someone in my ward convinced me that these reversible super-hero capes were SO simple - hardly any sewing skills required ... so, I signed up to make 3 for Super Saturday today! Aren't they darling? Well - I am pretty convinced that I will NEVER -in my entire life, mind you - sign up for a sewing project again. They took me FOUR hours - and many swear words (in the church, no less). At one point, I sewed an entire cape completely backwards - COMPLETELY and ENTIRELY - before I realized what I had done. So - sewing is out for me for a long, long. LONG, while - I am DEFINITELY banned from sewing in a church building, because I need to be somewhere that continual profanities are a little more private and not as guilt wrenching. (heehee - oh well). They ARE cute, and the kids love 'em ... which is good, because I am requiring that they wear them 24 hours/day for all the work I put into them!
First Skiing Adventure!
4 years ago


6 comments:
Michelle- they are soooo cute. Look at Krystal-she is to die for cute!! You did such a great job. I miss you guys too. I can't wait to see you soon. Yeah we are headed to OAHU-so I can't wait to get good pictures from there as well.
Love you guys!
Look how cute they are - and - how much fun the kids are having. That has to make up for the hellish super-saturday experience. (I knew there was a reason to avoid those things.) Sorry, you must have gotten the lack of sewing expertise from you mother.
michelle, i love you, and i just had to stop by and look at those capes again. even though i saw them yesterday laying in your bed, but once is never enough. haha.
I'm with you on the sewing projects, Michelle! I have no patience for sewing and if I ever HAVE to sew, it will be a sad day for me. The capes turned out darling though! Lucky kids.
I laughed through this whole post. You are so funny. I would've loved to have sat by you that day - I can't imagine you swearing - that would crack me up.
Very cute though - maybe I'll go buy one for Mia - no sewing for me!
Those are extremely cute!! I'm glad I'm not the only sewing-inept person out there! I keep saying to myself that one day I'll learn...maybe this post is a warning for me.
Post a Comment