
Our Aar-Bear took his turn in the hospital this weekend ... our little 24 hour get-away (haha). Anyway - it's been a little frustrating, because every time our kiddos get sick we see a different doctor (they, of course, never get sick during regular hours - only during on call hours). And, every minute counts with these kids. They get SO sick SO fast. Having to travel and explain over and over and over again ... and try to find past information ... is very time consuming. And, really - I HATE feeling like I need to convince whoever I'm talking to that my child just needs some IV fluids - and they'll be fine. The response is always, "Well, we'll see." So, we have FINALLY wised up and talked with the on-call doc this time about a different plan - so, maybe we can just be in the hospital for a couple of hours rather than over night next time. So, apparantly, doctors offer a "Care Plan" for special needs children ... and Krystal and Aaron qualify. YAY! We will be meeting with their pediatrician this week to get a plan typed out and signed that we can just bring RIGHT to the hospital when the vomiting begins. And they should be able to get treated without doubting our explanations. We are so SO happy to be home. And very grateful that we have all had the flu this year. We should be good for about a year now. :)
12 comments:
Hey, glad to see your family is back to normal...hope it is the end of the hospital stays :)
Boo! I am so sorry that your sweeties have to go through that every time they get sick! But I am soooo glad that you can have a special care plan! That will help so much! I also hope this is the end of hospital visits!
that is not fun at all. i always had the hmo part of my insurance and could never get them to even test me for asthma so when open enrollment came up at work i took the ppo part i pay alot more for things but it is well worth it i can go to any dr. i want (before i had to be assigned and if i wanted to change i had to sall by a certain date) it was crazy i hated it i knew pretty much what was wrong and couldnt get anything done about it till now im glad you guys can get the care plans done for aaron and crystal that will be wonderful.
That is so frustrating!! I think the Care Plan will help everyone involved. I'm sure those doctors want to trust you but have to follow proper procedures that won't allow them to immediately start an IV. I'm glad he's feeling better! - Kent
YAY! Glad Aaron is home feeling so much better. We sure do love you guys, NOW STAY OUT OF THE HOSPITAL! That is an order!
glad he's home, and so glad they are going to try and make it easier for you guys next time. it's so sad that most likely there will be a next time, but hopefully it won't be for a long long while! your kids are so brave and faithful. they know they'll be okay because you guys are so good and tending to all of their needs. love you guys so much! we've decided that every day we're saying extra prayers for you because you have had your fair share of time in the hospital, and we don't want you to go back!! love you, love, love, love you!
Oh my! Seriously I was SO shocked when Chris told me you were at the hospital. But I'm glad he is feeling better and are home. Wahoo! For the new care plan I love you guys.
and by the way... isn't he the most handome 6 year old ever?? he sure is so very sweet and we love him so much. give him a big hug from me. and kevin says, "aaron, get better so we can have another sleep over and play batman legos"
much love!
I'm glad to see everything is okay!
Holy cow - how frustrating!! I'm so glad they are finally working this out! I can't believe what you've had to go through. You guys are amazing. I'm SOOO glad he's getting better! He's a sweetheart.
I am so glad you are all okay. What a scary thing to have to go through every time a little one gets sick. Give them and yourselves hugs from the A Fitch fam!!!
Post a Comment