Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So Glad to Be Home

Although Marissa was finished with the flu virus Tuesday morning, Krystal ended up in the hospital by Tuesday afternoon. Bless her heart. Thank heavens she bounces back quickly - and we were able to bring her home this evening. She is 100% - bouncy, chatty ... the exhausting works! :) I'll take that EVERY day, thank you! Much MUCH better than the scary lethargic, confused and jerky. The doctor informed us that we will pretty much end up in the hospital with our kids until age 7 or so if they get the flu. :(! (Krystal and Aaron both have been diagnosed with Ketotic Hypoglycemia.) So, although we have their diet under control ... so they don't just randomly wake up sick ... we can't ALWAYS prevent the flu bug from hitting.

Anyway ... all healthy now. Thanks for the help and prayers.

10 comments:

Plonnie said...

i'm so grateful it's diagnosed and that you know what you can do about it, and what you can't! it's good that your kids have such great parents that are on top of their health and well being. you guys are surely so blessed. i'm sorry for all the hospital visit you've had, and will endure. never fun. we love you and miss you and love you and love you and love you! healthy thoughts coming your way every day! love you!

The Davies Family said...

I am SO glad to hear she's ok and back to her normal self! What a scary situation! Until your posts about Aaron I had never heard of this before..how do you know (meaning me)if your kids have it? Is it something they routinely test for? Pretty scary stuff to end up in the hospital whenever they get the flu. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Linz said...

I am so sorry that you had to go to the hospital!!! I am really happy that everyone is doing well now! Boo to flu!!! take care! I'll be praying for you!

Elisa said...

I'm so sorry! How scary! We can't seem to stay healthy this time of year, so I won't get anywhere near you guys. Oh and yes first names are just fine. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Michelle, that's AWFUL!! I'm so glad she's back to her cute little Krystal self!!

M- your favorite said...

I am also so greatful that Krystal is okay. Dang flu! I love that girl to death. Glad everyone is doing better!

Pat and Brent said...

Hooray for the medical care that is available - and your awesome pediatrician who figured it out!
It's so sad to see your little ones get so sick so fast! Glad she's back to normal.

tiffany said...

im so sorry not fun at all glad everyone is doing good

Kent and Leisy said...

michelle- I would be constantly terrified if I were in your situation! Before zeb was on steroids I would stress out so bad every time he had a runny nose or cough. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night because I'd keep checking on him to make sure he was breathing! hooray that this hospital stay was so short- and that she is already so much better. Did you guys decide that it comes from tyler's side of the family? because I certainly don't want to deal with it!

Michelle said...

Hey everybody - thanks for the nice thoughts and comments.

Lex - I don't think there is any way of testing for it unless a child has been fasting or gets sick. Aaron has been to the hospital 4 or 5 times? over the past few years. Finally - just the right lab tests along with symptoms did the trick. Ketotic Hypoglycemia is pretty rare ... I think most metabolic disorders are.

Leisy - Tyler has hypoglycemia, so I'm pretty sure it's genes from him. :) Thank heavens they'll out grow it. But, I tell ya what - any time there is a flu bug around the ward or wherever - I am obsessive compulsive. Well - even more than usual (if that's possible) :)!