Monday, December 1, 2008

On the First Day of Christmas ...

Today we began our 4th annual tradition of "The 24 Days of Christmas". We hang stockings/gloves ... 1 for each day of December ... for the kids to take down (and then use - haha) - inside is written what we will do together that day. Today we decorated the Christmas tree ...



I forgot to post about this super fun FHE the Mendonsa's invited us to. We made "Thankful Trees". It was very fun and inspiring. I want to do it every year. The idea is to make the "tree" grow the whole week of Thanksgiving. We didn't do too hot at that. BUT ... we WILL next year! :)


AND .... here's me and Miss hangin' out on Black Friday morning! I love my sweet girl. It's so fun now that she's getting older to do these kinds of things together. Thanks for a great time, MissyDee!
Happy December, all!

8 comments:

The Davies Family said...

That is such a cute idea about the gloves! Gotta remember that one. I am so jealous..you are already doing Christmas stuff..since we are coming to Utah for Christmas I haven't really wanted to pull anything out..am I being scroogie? probably.
We'll have to get together over the break.
Did you get lots of great stuff on Black Friday?

heidi said...

I need to remember these ideas for my future. I love the stockings and thanksgiving tree. Great family traditions. Thanks for the inspiration.

Pat and Brent said...

That is a great tradition - your kids will remember it, and probably carrie on with it, for a long long time. The thankful tree is another good idea. I'm sure we have no idea just how thankful we should be.

Marissa is really growing into a beautiful young woman. She's got the sweet temperment to with it too. Love you MissyDee!

Plonnie said...

i love that tradition you have!! very very awesome!! i love the thankful tree too!! i'm totally doing that one!! i love all the traditions that come into play this time of year. cute pics of you and miss. sometimes i think she looks exactly like you, most of the time. in that pic though she reminds me of tyler. she has a perfect amount of the best qualities of you and him. you guys sure do know how to pass your genes out! haha! love you guys so much!!

M- your favorite said...

Black Friday is always fun! I love that Marissa is coming with us now. She is so cute! I love that you guys do the 24 day's of Christmas! That is so much fun!
Love you guys to death!

tiffany said...

o my hell michelle missy dee is gourgous sorry that is spelled wrong she is beautiful its so cool she will do black friday shopping with you i did that once with my mom about 87 years ago and havent done it since it was awful

tiffany said...

i meant to say 7 years ago not 87 however it feels like 87 years ago

Katy said...

Such a cute Idea! Do you have 24 pairs of socks and mittens, or just 24 and they have to wait 2 days for the pair?? And does each kid or do you all go in it together? I love it though! So fun!