... the hospital visits, that is.
It's really a love/hate relationship. #1 - The hospital can make my baby better, but the IV and tests, poking and prodding are the torture chamber. #2 - The hospital staff are absolutely amazing. SO. NICE. They shower Krystal with blankets, gifts, special paintings on her door - it's really like a child's dream - the attention she's given. But, the reality is that she doesn't feel good. She's really, really sick. So, there is no excitement for all the wonderful-ness. #3 - They have a cool playroom, and when she's feeling up to it - she really has fun there. But, her play is limited because she's attached to an enormous pole with a tube in her arm. #4 - She gets better and her winning smile returns ... a little more every hour, but she still just wants to go home ...


...home sweet home. I made Marissa and Aaron stay home from school today so we could just be together. They made oatmeal playdough, are playing video games, and just enjoying each other.
Tyler, Melynda, and I were talking around Krystal's hospital bed (her eyes were closed, so we thought she was asleep) ... and just talking about the "what if's" and "how in the world's" and "what the h****'s" involved with Krystal getting so sick. And I said, "the hospital just ...." and Krystal piped right in with a "... it sucks!" :) Now, while I don't usually condone that kind of language (despite my own bad habits) - we all had to just chuckle and cry all at once, because really - she just couldn't have summed it up better.
And another thing we'll never get used to (time goes by SOOOO quickly), but enjoy IMMENSELY ----> birthdays! Here's the rest of Krystal birthday pictures:
Birthday party at the Millers:
Excitement flowing over, ya think?
Krystal loves these guys! Marie, Krystal, Anaka
(I love Krystal's flared nostril smile. Makes me laugh so hard!)




6 comments:
***sad face*** I am SO sorry that Krystal is sick. That does suck. I hope she gets back to 100% soon and stays that way. I love you guys and will be praying for you!!
Michelle, so sorry Krystal has been so sick. She is in our prayers! What was wrong with her? We are anxious to know. My email is lawcintay@netzero.net. Love To All, Aunt Cindy
she is so cute, michelle! I am so sorry that you guys had to go AGAIN. how ridiculously obnoxious!! but the children's wing does look like a lot of fun!!
-leisy
Oh, poor thing! Hope she is feeling better soon! *hugs*
Poor thing! What a doll! I love April birthdays!
Oh man, that stinks! She has the best smile - how can you even stand seeing her the tiniest bit sad?? I hope she's back to her spunky self soon!! You guys are awesome.
Post a Comment