Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Random May Happenings

The month of May is such a busy month -- but, there are so many things that give us a little taste of Summer -- and so, it is a month that we lOvE!

I love it when gramps randomly calls us and invites us over for a BBQ, or to roast marshmallows, or to hang out.  I. LOVE. IT!!  We always have a great time.  Krystal often times refers to their backyard as our "Hawaii Get Away".  haha.  She obviously loves it too (she DID write in a school report that her favorite place to go was Hawaii -- maybe Grandpa's backyard is what she was referring to.  ;))  Sometimes M lets the neighbor's dog out and Marissa gets to be in heaven for a little bit (here she is with Miss Molly).

So, baseball season started in May (and is still in full swing, mind you).  I have to admit - it has not been my most favorite year in baseball [they ARE in tournament now, and I feel like it's gotten a little better, though].  Aaron has played 3rd base and left field and seems to like it.  He does well with the little action that he gets.  He has yet to get a hit this year -- and we are hoping that he will be a little more bold with his swinging the bat so he can show off the awesome skills that he practices!  Speaking of getting a hit - he took a major one right in his shin!  (Not at a baseball game -- but, in our backyard practicing his skills with his father.  Yep!  The old man nailed him with a wild pitch.  Nice.)  I know the bump looks like his knee in this picture, but - it IS actually a huge lump on his shin.

Here it is a week later - it turned blue and matched his blue tongue perfectly.  Good grief ... and bless his heart!
 

A May day with the girls to make "Rolo" brownies.  YUM - O!!  (Is it just me - or does Krystal's hair look extra yellow in this picture?  Maybe because she's surrounded by three dark haired girls?  Weird.)

And, finally -- Marissa turned 15!!  (Now, I know that's not random or anything -- but, this is the only picture I got of her birthday celebrations - so, it gets put in with this "Random Happenings" post.  It is what it is, people!)  This picture was taken at Grandma Jenson's house.  We brought cookies for her "birthday cake" - and here she is blowing out her candle.  :)  Her birthday was suppose to be a little more low key this year, because she wanted to combine her birthday and Christmas together and get an ipod touch.  Somehow - she talked us into it, so I hope we don't regret that decision.  ;)

She got some fun clothes and things from her aunts and uncles, a beautiful bracelet from her gma and gpa Jenson that she loves, some moccasins from gma Pat and gpa Brent that she has been begging for for months, and .... wait for it ... TICKETS TO THE ONE DIRECTION CONCERT (next year ... yeah, you read that right ... an entire year from now) from her Auntie M.  She nearly keeled over.  :)  She kept telling me that she was so happy she thought she was going to cry.  I'm really excited for her!!

So ... her birthday wasn't too shabby at all (to say the least).

So - there are some more tidbits of our life throughout May 2012.

2 comments:

Linz said...

I had a lot to comment on, but they all went out the window when I read the words "Rolo Brownies"... um, YES PLEASE!!! :)

Happy birthday M!! OUCH to Aaron! And Krystal is so cute! And blonde!

Kent and Leisy said...

I can't believe that concert is one year away!! That is such a long time to wait for a concert. I love that Marissa loves that dog - you should get one!! J/K That bump on the shin looks painful!! Ouch! -Kent