
I have personally crunched FIVE of these stinky thinks this week! Ugh!Ugh!Ugh! They are always right outside our door or up by the top of our stairs. I HATE THEM!!! What can I do to eliminate them entirely? Marissa did point out that every time I step on one(and it takes several stomps to eliminate it - let me tell you), Leisy feels sad. So, what to do . . . hmmmm.
5 comments:
put them in a baggie in your freezer! i will come and get them!! :) marissa is right, I was very sad when I read that you stomp on them!
leisy
Just make sure when you are freezing them that no one opens them and mistakes them for yummy jelly beans! ;) M
EWWWW! They already stink up my porch and stairs - and Tyler takes care of the stench inside our house, so I'm not sure I can handle the stink bug smell as well :)! Will a ziploc hold the smell? How in the world do I get them INTO the ziploc? There is no way my hands are coming close to them . . . not to mention, Krystal and Aaron run screaming in the opposite direction every time they see one - and that's AWAY from our house (doesn't ever happen otherwise). Hee heee, what a dilemma.
This is actually a Pinacate Beetle and only stink if they are threatened or stepped on. ;) I found some cool information about them at this site:
http://www.desertusa.com/mag01/may/papr/sbug.html
Real stink bugs (those that always stink) are all shield shaped and aren't as common in Utah. Check out:
http://ipm.ncsu.edu/AG271/soybeans/stink_bugs.html
Tell Aaron there is no need to run away from those cute little bugs!
Kent
Michelle,
We had huge cockroaches all over on my mission - so sick! We'd sweep them out of our house onto the back patio and lizards would run over and eat them. I felt like we were on National Geographic or something.
That's creepy that they're all over the stairs. At least stay out on the sidewalk where you can avoid them!
Post a Comment