Friday, February 15, 2008

Continual House Construction ...

Well , our house is continually making progress. I really like being able to document it - so, sorry to all of our blogging friends for the monotony. The past couple of days - the siding has continued to go up little by little. I am SO thrilled with the color. We picked good. It was hard to visualize the whole picture when we were looking at just small samples.

We happened to drop by on the day that the ceiling was being texturized, and we thought this guy looked pretty dang cool on his stilts. We are VERY pleased with how clean everything has been kept from week to week.
Our oak stair railing is in. Gorgeous. We paid big bucks for that - so we didn't have to have a plain white railing. AND ... most of our doors and trim are in! Here's Aaron standing at the door of his bedroom. Krystal's room is the door behind him, and the bathroom is the door on the right.
Here I am in the room I will spend 90% of my days ... doing laundry. :) Fun stuff. I am SO happy to have a laundry room right off of the bedrooms. That will be helpful. And cute Krissy in the closet under the stairs. This room is how we get to our crawl space. The kids think it's like a secret passage (see the trap door on the floor). However, they will not be allowed down there.
We have tried the One Man Band Diner with the kids for lunch on one of our outings to SF. It's the kids' favorite. Here are Aaron and Krystal enjoying a soda together. Made me smile.
Our siding should be finished this weekend - and they paint next week - AND put in vinyl, I think. We're WAY excited! Stay tuned.

10 comments:

tiffany said...

the house looks great i love the last picture of the kids drinking from the same soda very very cute

Plonnie said...

MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!! that is so awesome!!!!! it's really really exciting!! i LOVE that you are documenting all this! it would be a shame not to. and i love your oak railing **fancy** <---you say that in the accent. :)
love you guys!

heidi said...

I would be blogging that too if I had a beautiful, new home being built! Ahhh, brand new everything....how would it be?

When is it supposed to be finished?

Kent and Leisy said...

can you believe you are going to have your own new house?! so exciting. wow. We can't wait to see it all finished. Thanks for keeping us posted on the progress.

Brandon Jenson said...

I love that your documenting the progress on your house, especially since we can't be there to see it all happening. The house looks fantastic, and is really shaping up.

The one man band diner is fantastic. We used to take the kids at New Vista to Spanish Fork for service projects, and the staff would frequent the Diner. Good Good stuff!!!

Linz said...

Squee!!!! Yea! Looks great!

Melisa said...

Super exciting!!! Its getting so close! I hope you had a good valentines day!

M- your favorite said...

WOW!! I can't believe how fast everything happens! It looks really nice! You now have doors. and a railing. That is so awesome! I might have to try the One man band next time I am out. Love you guys! Hope you all had a great weekend. I sure did. Can't wait to see you.

M- your favorite said...

WOW!! I can't believe how fast everything happens! It looks really nice! You now have doors. and a railing. That is so awesome! I might have to try the One man band next time I am out. Love you guys! Hope you all had a great weekend. I sure did. Can't wait to see you.

M- your favorite said...

oops sorry about putting it in twice!