- We got our first utility bill about a week and a half ago. Have I paid it yet? No. However, I DID immediately take it into the Spanish Fork library for proof of address so I could get a library card. And THEN - the librarian told me that for the next two months I can only check out 10 items at a time. Now, maybe 10 items seems like a lot to you - but, between me and my kids - we usually have about 15-20 out at a time + a movie or 2. But - ya know ... we'll live. In the mean time - I went out to Orem library to return some books and pick up another book I had on hold. I have had books on hold there for months and months waiting for my turn ... some of them are getting really close. Anyway - I told the librarian at Orem that my address has changed - and gave her our SF address. To my surprise, she then informed me that in order to use the Orem library now - I need to pay $80.00 annually for a non-resident library card. Wow. I was ultimately saddened - all my waiting for those books - I wasn't sure what to do. So, I left with the forms to fill out. When I got home, I got online to the SF library - and put all the books on hold that I've had on hold at the Orem library. Lo and behold - 3 of them were IN - and all the rest I was NUMBER ONE on hold. :)!! So long Orem library - you've been a good friend. Helllllllllllooooooooo SF library! haha.

We've been trying really hard to not eat in our new family room ... eating in the family room at our condo was pretty much standard. Needless to say, it's been a challenge - Tyler and I don't follow that rule hardly at all. The kids .... well, as you can see from Marissa's picture above - they are creative. Just lay right down on the kitchen floor to eat. Comfy there, Miss?- Our new ward is HUMUNGOUS ... and young. We feel like the oldest people in church every week ... and yet, we are just part of the huge crowd. VERY different from the ward we came from ... it'll be a huge adjustment. Most of the people in our ward are also fairly new ... meaning - they've lived in the ward less than a year ... so, socially - Ty and I are really going to have to put ourselves out there (not something we are real talented at). Sigh. But - we'll get there.

I finished the book "Running with Angels" a while back, but I am SO glad that I read it - and still think about it lots. It is one of the most motivating books I've read about change. It really put things into perspective for me - and helped me realize that every little bit counts AND helps. I also appreciated the gospel insight the author tied in with the struggles and successes she experienced. I highly HIGHLY recommend this book to everyone.
5. So - change ... we can make it work AND be good, right?
10 comments:
yes you can be good at it me on the other hand im not so fond of change i have not liked it ever my mission madeit easier to deal with becuse of all the transfers i'll have to try eating like marissa that looks fun and comfy
That is some good news about the library I need to go check it out. I love change I know call me crazy but for some reason I do. We are excited for Thursday where do you want to get something yummy to eat at.
Hellooooooo SF library!! Woot woot! =D
Change is good! Good luck with everything!
michelle- you and I couldn't be more opposite! There is nothing I love more than a huge room of new people! and a brand new place!!! you'll do just fine :)
Yeah, change, it's inevitable. It's seems that the 3 younger jensons are in for major changes in the coming months. Your move, our move, and the birth of Ty (are we really ready for another Ty in our lives) :)!!!!
We are so excited about all the changes that will be happening in the Jenson clan over the coming months!!!!! GOOD TIMES!!!!
I was a little worried about changing libraries, but it seems totally unfounded. Did you happen to see the audio book section? Hope it's a good one.
Michelle- You are silly- You do good with change. I love the Hello SF library that is funny. I think it's good for you to get yourself out there and meet people around your new area. You never know they just might want piano lessons. So get yourself out there.
I love that Marissa just lays on the floor to eat. She is so much like me I love it! She cracks me up. Anyways it's good to be back and I will see you guys later on.
Love you tons!
i love your posts so much!!! you're such a good mom!!!!! change is good, and you are good at it. you always take the bull by the horns... is that the expression? i know i always confuse words and expressions... or i just say random things like, "man made" when obviously tarps would be no other way. :)
i'm SO EXCITED for tomorrow!! i've been craving the nacho party for some time now.
love you guys SO MUCH!!
lv, plonnie
I am so happy you enjoyed the book!! I love it.. In fact I just ordered my own copy on half.com for 75 cents!! it was a steal and in excellent condition. I love all the lessons she applies and the gospel applications, so much tragedy and yet so much hope and guidance for the rest of us. She truly motivated me too! Change..although it may seem hard at first, is always good for us. Keep your chin up about your new ward..you were the one who gave me the advice that helped me get going in my ward in Logan and I've never forgot it! Love you!
Hi Michelle! Its Elisa Bodily! I found your blog from Aaron and Janice's. Your family is so cute! I can't believe how fast they grow! Tell Tyler hi! Hopefully I'll see you around sometime. Take Care!
Post a Comment