Sunday, April 6, 2008

Long Post ... but SUPER FUN day!!

We started today off with Dad's yummalicious thinnies. Mmmmmmm, Mmmmmmm good. Then we all cozied up for the first session of conference ... I think this is a picture of the first session ... mighta been the second.



We for sure pulled out Guitar Hero the second after each session ended. And the kids got plenty dirty climbing the mountains :). Oh - and although I don't have pictures ... we had an awesome lunch and dinner too. We pretty much ate yummy food all day.


Krystal and Hanna were angels all day. They kept busy playing and playing and playing. I couldn't resist this cuddly pic of Kristy and James .... awwwwwww. And - here's good ol' dad ... defying gravity. How he slept like that for half a session, I'll never understand. If only his mouth had been open just a tiny more - we could've tossed hot tomale candies right in there. Hahahaha. Love you TWOOOOO many dad ... and many more.



For some reason - I took tons of pictures of us watching conference. haha. Kendra got these really cute "conference booklets" for the kids. (I also got the ones you sent, Lex - thanks!!) So ... Marissa (and Melynda :)) kept busy. Also couldn't resist this AWESOME shot of me. Wow. Ethan did a fabulous job of keeping us smiling ... as always.


And, I tried to get more of my decorating done in the rooms since everyone was coming over today. I'm not quite all the way there - but, the rest will have to continue to wait. Here is what we've finished in Marissa and Aaron's rooms. Cute, yeah? Marissa embroidered (I have no idea how to spell that - just sound it out) the "DREAM" sign she hung on her wall ... and the pillow on her bed. Isn't that terrific? We'll get pictures in the frames eventually.

10 comments:

Linz said...

Wasn't conference GREAT! I loved every minute! And I heart guitar hero. Sigh. I almost wish I had one.

Love the rooms! LOVE Marissa's comforter! So cute!!!

Love the post! You are great!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new house!! It's sooooo pretty! Looks like a fun day!

The Davies Family said...

Thinnies!! I love thinnies..man I wish I were there. I love your house, so cute and well done on the decorating! I'm happy to know such an able decorator..good then you can help me! And missy D..great job on the sign and pillow! I can't believe how much little 'goofy' is growing (she probably hates being called that now) I'm glad the conference packets were well used (Melynda haha)
We are excited to come out this summer, we'll get together for sure.
You know its funny the education system out here is top notch..they say best in the nation..the teachers get paid waaay more than in Utah and we pay double and quadruple the taxes.. so we have happy teachers who don't want to spend any of their own money. Lists like that are pretty standard outside of Utah. And it gets worse the older they get. I've had friends in Illinois spend hundreds of dollars on their two kids in 1st and 2nd grade!! I guess it makes you appreciate what you had. Hopefully all that equipment will get used..I mean who needs 16 glue sticks??? Cool on the Miley Cyrus tickets..did you see that spoof I sent you? Pretty funny..show it to Missy D. Sure do miss you guys..WOW, super long comment..sorry

tiffany said...

looks like you guys had tons of fun
the one timeiplayed guitat hero i was on the easiest song for a practice and got booed off the stage i had fun though the rooms look great

M- your favorite said...

Thanks for a great Sunday! It was a blast to be with everyone. I loved Guitar Hero! I think I might have to get it! Anyways it's always fun to play together. Thanks

Plonnie said...

glad you guys had so much fun. looks like it was an awesome time. i hope ty is feeling better. what a bummer to be sick all weekend :( did you hear we are getting together this sunday at the jenson's to celebrate april birthdays? hope you guys can make it out.

Pat and Brent said...

I love, love love Conference Sunday with my family. Thanks so much Michelle - your home is so cozy. It was a great day!

Brandon Jenson said...

I LOVE your house and CANNOT wait to see it and EXPERIENCE it in person. I always love how you decorate, start making some plans for my house... i will need some back up. -Tina

Kent and Leisy said...

wow- looks like you all had quite the conference day! and thanks so much for showing us around your house via blog. we can't wait to see the rest of it!

The Jackson Family said...

I agree, it was a great day! Thank you Michelle for being such a wonderful hostess!