Thursday, April 24, 2008

Driving.

First of all ... SERIOUSLY!! ($!&#!!$#@!!)


Living in Spanish Fork has led to quite a bit more driving around for us ... considering the 20 minute drive into Orem - about bi-weekly. That may not seem a lot - but, really it is for us (me especially).
As a child, I remember playing all kinds of games in the car with my siblings ... one of the more annoying ones was: As we'd pass different houses along the roads, we'd yell out, "Like it ... like it .... don't like it .... Uuuuuuuugly .... Loooooove it" - depending on what we thought of each house we passed. NOW - as a parent - I spend many moments with gritted teeth and oncoming headaches in the car. :)
We have a 3 strike rule in the car - once a child hits that 3rd strike - he/she loses some priviledge. Marissa inevitably gets 3 strikes - bless her heart. She is just so loud. I'm sure Melynda understands the pain :).

Anyway - here are some of the more fun moments in the 20 minute freeway drive into "town". haha.

8 comments:

Linz said...

Oh my heck! They are so cute!!! I love how Krissy dances in her seat! And bless Marissa's heart!

I hate driving too. Where I live, it's about a 20 minute drive into town or to any store that matters. It's a real pain - and gas prices are really causing physical pain!

Sorry for the headaches!

M- your favorite said...

POOR Marissa- It's not fair the loudest people get blaimed for EVERYTHING! NOT FAIR!

I love the dancing in the sets. That is one of my favorite rules in my car- that we can dance in our seats with the radio up as loud as we like. That is so cute! I love it!

I hate the gas prices! I HATE IT!

Pat and Brent said...

Ahhh yes - what comes around goes around. A car full of little ones can be a definate challenge. There were a couple of times after getting home from vacation that we wondered if we could ever do it again. Poor Missy D - you'll be OK if you take after M! The fun moments like on the video will be the ones you remember.
Hope gas will come down soon!

tiffany said...

we are paying more than that for gas here it sucks i hate becuse i drive so much for work and 20 min not so bad try a half hour or more to getto one place (some days im driving 30 min or more to get to one place)

your family has way to much fun dancing in seats and i feel marrissas pain about being loud im right there with her im so loud its scary i dont relize just how loud i am sometimes until someone brings it to my attention

heidi said...

They are the cutest kids ever. I love the faux hawk.

Melisa said...

I hate the price of gas maybe that is why i have run out so much so often! hehehe... and riding with the kids in the car I LOVE IT! they give me major headaches lots of screaming I just love it!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo CUTE!!

Plonnie said...

i love love love love LoooooooooooVE!!! your kids!