Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Catching Up

1. As of Sunday - we have NO more babies in our house. haha. Really - Krystal has just been spoiled rotten ... and we have pretty much rocked her to sleep every night of her life. So, Saturday night - Tyler and I had a big talk with her about how she needs to go to bed by herself at the same time as Aaron. She pretty much just said, "Okay." and "Yep, I a big girl." So, Sunday night we went for it ... Super Nanny style (we're some of her biggest fans). I'm really proud of Tyler - because, it has been all him. He read her a book, sang her a song (all in her bed) - and then told her good night. That night, he only had to walk her back to bed 4 times ... in 5 minutes. And - ever since - she's done great! I honestly can't believe it. I can't say it has been ALL easy, though - saying "no" to "Mommy, I want to seep on own (that means your) shoulder!" or "Daddy - peeease rock-a-bye me." - has been no picnic. But - we've done it. Yay for us!

2. Aaron lost his first tooth!!! He was so excited - and texted gma, gpa, and M right away. It fell out first thing in the morning - and, by the end of the day - he forgot to put it under his pillow. Granted, the tooth fairy usually takes several nights before remembering to bring money in exchange for a lost tooth at our house. But THIS time - the tooth fairy remembered ... at 6:00 am. So, the money was left on his dresser. I had to take a picture of his tooth sitting on his dresser - because, it is so small, that I almost brushed it off into his garbage thinking it was a crumb or something. hahaha. Ahhhh - to be 6 again. Tooth fairy days are good times.


3. Well, "Camp Rock" has come and gone. Marissa had a rockin' ... and I'm not kidding when I say ROCKIN' party. Eleven year old girls are the best (and Annie Bea fit right in as an 8 year old going on 18 :))! They had so much fun ... and partied, munched, danced, and squealed like crazy.
Here is a picture of the whole gang ... and I loved this pic of Marissa and Annie trying to get the boys to come in and dance. The boys really wanted to, I think, but we're saying NO WAY would they come in and dance with a bunch of GIRLS!


Thank heavens for DVR - the girls had to RE-wind and RE-dance to every song on the show. It was so cute. I loved it. I took about 10 videos ... but here's just one sample: Sierra refused to dance ... haha ... and Marissa thought it was pretty rockin' that we turned the volume up to ONE HUNDRED!! (I did too). Jonas Brothers pretty much rock!


4. Well - there you have it. There has been a lot more going on ... so, I'll post more soon. Love to all!

7 comments:

M- your favorite said...

WOW to be 11 again. I think I would have enjoyed that party as much as them. That is so much fun! I bet the music was up pretty loud! Looks like a bunch of fun! you are a great mom!

Cute Aaron- was so proud to have lost his tooth. That is so cute! I loved my text that I got-he is the best kid ever!

Krystal is such a big girl now! WOW! you guys are doing it. When you told me you were going to make her go back to bed, in my mind I was like YEA RIGHT! :) I am so proud of you guys! Way to stick with it! It is going to be so much nicer for you! Time for another one, we need the babies to keep on coming! I love them!

Linz said...

Yea Krystal!!! Yea Aaron!!! Yea Marissa!!!

Great fun! I loved reading this post! Was Camp Rocks good? We forgot about it. I think Auri will like it, though!

Plonnie said...

awwh, krystal is so cute, i love how she talks!! i just love her. i'm so proud of her!

congrats to aaron! that's exciting! i don't remember losing my first tooth, but that is awesome! and he is still a cutie with a hole in his smile. now that's impressive!!

holy cow, what a party!! i LOVE it! that is such a fun age. i'm so happy marissa has lots of good friends. what a blessing that is!!

you're an awesome mom michelle!! love your blog!!

The Davies Family said...

I can't believe she is getting so big! Where has the time gone? And Aaron loosing his tooth? Its only a matter of time before he has all big teeth! Wow, I can't believe it! and good for you, we need to be more diligent with the kiddies. We will be in town July 22nd -August 19th we'll have to plan a get together with everyone..you know for old times sake..I bet Marissa won't even let me callher 'goofy' anymore!

tiffany said...

wow i watched camp rock also with ike madi and becca it ws fun

Pat and Brent said...

Good milestone with Krystal - it's hard to let them grow up. Especially the baby.

Good job Aaron. Love to get the fun text messages! Keep them coming.

Gpa wanted to crash Marissa's party - don't think he would have fit in quite as well. He probably would have danced without being drug in though. (That's a scary image!)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has spoiled her baby rotten!! We are having this same issue right now - except we're also getting rid of the bedtime (gasp) bottle. (Yes, I'm ashamed.) But we've replaced it with lots of book reading and it's gone way easier than I expected. I'm glad Krystal's transition has been smooth, too! It's still kinda sad to let them grow up, though, huh!

It's also good to hear that you have a forgetful tooth fairy, too - ours is ridiculous!! haha Good job Aaron!! He's too cute.

That party looks way fun!