I don't know about you, but when school hits - my "list mania" habit usually sky rockets. There's just something about starting school (just after a minimally scheduled summer) that brings out the organization obsession in me. :) I find the end of August very similar to the New Year as I feel motivated to be better and get going. Most years when school starts - I revamp the chore chart lists along with the new schedule lists/menu lists/supplies lists/food storage lists/to do lists/exercise and eat right lists etc. etc. - but, I've found a chore schedule that has worked well for nearly 2 years now ... so, I've felt lacking in the "lists" area. haha.
ANYWAY ... another list ... to the beginning of new schedules:
1. Grated Zuchinni: my kids love zuchinni - and I know that is pretty lucky. However, even THEY get sick of it after eating it 4 nights in a row. So, I've learned to be a little more creative with zuchinni uses - and use it (grated) to bulk up a lot of pasta sauces, meatballs, and cakes. One of my friends told me that she stores her grated zuchinni in the freezer to use throughout the winter. Wow! Why didn't I think of that? So - we now do not eat zuchinni daily, but rather store our excess in the freezer. So - middle of February ... ZUCHINNI CAKE!!! yum.
2. GoodReads: This has become one of my favorite places to be ... so if there are any of you reading this right now that haven't linked up with me in good reads - then get in there!!! I'm also super excited to read Shannon Hale's new book "Rapunzel's Revenge". Melynda told me about it - I think it has already come out. Has it? I need to get my hands on it ASAP.
3. School Schedules: I have to admit, I was really anxious about starting our new school schedule this year. I'm usually really looking forward to it - but, for some reason - this year I just wanted to stay lazy. haha. But- seeing as I cannot stop school from starting ... our Summer (non)schedule had to come to an end. So - I made my lists. School doesn't start until 9:00 out here - so the kids, I am happy to say, have practiced the piano every morning so far. I've got my fingers crossed that that continues. After school is extremely difficult - any suggestions on how to make that run more smoothly?
4. Tyler completes his 2 years of work after graduation at the end of this month which means he will be an official LCSW!! Congrats babe!! This is particularly good news for me, because it comes with a pay raise. Woot! Woot!
5. And finally ... how about them gas prices below $4.00!?! Granted, they're at $3.99 ... but, still. Let's keep praying that they keep movin' downward.
Here's to LISTS ... anyone?
First Skiing Adventure!
4 years ago
11 comments:
I hear you on the lists. Aj starts tomorow and i am hoping that inspires me to pull things together!!! Let's start now!
1. I am not lucky enough to have kids who love zuchinni, so i am going to need some suggestions. Of course, I bet if my husband and i were bigger fans, that would help:)
2. I'll have to look into this goodreads thing...i should probably start reading more. Maybe with school starting, I will be inspired in that area as well!
3. Way to go on piano practice!!! After school..i don't know what to tell ya! I would probably go with set a routine and stick to it and PRAY that is gets easier and flows better?!?! maybe? :)
4. YIPPEEEEE!!! Tyler. Congrats and i am SOOOO Jealous! We are getting there!
5. Hallelujah..(ok i had to spell check that one)..on gas prices ging down!! all i have to say is "just keep dropping...just keep dropping!"
Well, that was a pretty good start on lists, now, off to work on getting organized lists!!! :) -Tina
congrats to tyler for being @ his job 2 years and all that its great. i proabably might do better if i wrote lists i'll have to try it some time. i have had a mental list that is getting shoter as i type. i have finished all twilight books, i have cleaned my condo good (i just need to keep it this way) i now need to excercise and make more scrapbook pages for a book or 2 for myself. have fun with the new school year!!!!!!
and the gas prices here are from3.69to 3.75 its great but then again you read the driving rules we have here
Here's to lists! I have gotten out of the list habit, but you have inspired me! Maybe I will be able to get something (anything) done during the day!! Fingers crossed!
I love Goodreads! THanks for telling me about it (like last May, but hey - better to get linked up late than never!)
Yea to gas under $4 (I want to poke my own eye out for thinking that is a good thing... sigh. Remember when it was $1? Good old days!)
Congrats on the LCSW! Yea!
Way to go, Tyler! That's awesome.
I would love to know how you do your chores - I'm still struggling with that! Will you email or post it for me? Thanks!!
Michelle- you are my hero at organization. I was quaisey organized but you have really improved on what you were taught. Wish I could stick to a list. I write one only to find it hidden somewhere 6 months later.
Hope Tyler isn't like your dad. If I did zucchini too many days in a row I would go out to find my plant pulled up by the roots.
Way to go Ty - we're very proud of you!
Today I paid 3.87 at the pump at Holiday in Orem. Hope those prices continue to drop!!!!
i have a zucchini bead reciepe that is really good if you want it i can send you a copy of it. it is really really good. let me know
okay! i'm overwhelmed!! i DON'T do lists....!!! i know, it's terrible. i, believe it or not, am a believer of lists. VERY much so. weird that i don't make them. SOMETIMES when i'm going grocery shopping i'll make lists. mostly i just get what's on sale.
i do love this list you made though. i'm so sad i don't blog anymore! pray for me to get a thingy ma bop so i can have the internet down stairs. k?
i'm with you on the gas! too bad it doesn't drop every twenty minutes like tyler... whom by the way i'm very IMPRESSED with! i can't belive it's been 2 years!
and your kids are awesome to be practicing piano! you must be sooo proud!! doing the music thing is hard work!! it takes dedication. you know this, what am i talking about?! haha!! i'm not even musical. they must have a great mom who offers lots of encouragement. goodreads.. i owe it all to you baby!! thanks for enlighting me with the wonderful world of reading. and not just the normal reading, but reading books to open my imagination! i've SO enjoyed it. the bread... love bread. man, i need to lay off the bread!! dang it. ugh. i have a good recipe if you'd like. well, i HEAR it's a good recipe. someone gave it to me when i had a huge z in my fridge and i didn't know what to do with! we eventually ate it all, so never made the bread. you should tell me if the recipe is all that great.
I am so not a list person- but I do love zucchini and freezing it is a great idea! I'm sorry to hear about your gas prices~ we filled up for 3.45 yesterday!!
LISTS... I LVOE THEM!!
I write a list almost everyday, I write a list on what to do that day, week and then month. I have lists everywhere. I pull them out and go down each one to make sure I did them all. Just to turn around and write another one. I even write lists on what to do at work. I know I am a little crazy but I don't think I would get alot done without my lists. :)
So I love them! They are a must for me. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who write's lists! Thank you Michelle.
I must admit I like lists. You feel so accomplished when it's checked off!! Michelle - your energy level is amazing. You need to appreciate it while it lasts. I love Goodreads too - you give me many good suggestions. Thanks!
Post a Comment