We really procrastinated going to the open house - but, I'm SO glad we were able to get tickets and go on one of the last days available. We all took the day off from work and school - and had a fabulous time together.
Of course, Marissa's glasses broke RIGHT as it was time to get on the bus. AGH! And they would not stay on her face unless she held them up. She was very worried that she wouldn't be able to see any of the temple. We were asking around frantically if anyone had access to the church's library so we could get some tape ... and some genius volunteered a band-aid. Halleluah! Worked like a charm. And - thank heavens she actually had new glasses ordered - they came in a couple days later.
Krystal and Aaron were extremely excited about the bus ride. Tyler and I were quite impressed with the lot of LAND ONLY available for $350,000!!!! near the temple. It wasn't much bigger than the land our house is on. WOW.
We had an incredible time - I loved that it was a "silent" tour. Marissa especially loved everything - which pretty much kept my tears flowing the whole time - because I couldn't help thinking about her growing up and the whole "I love to see the temple ... I'm going there someday" issue seemed extra close to home. It helped that Krystal sang that particular song quietly the WHOLE time we were walking along. :)


Marissa and Aaron's favorite was the "mirror" room. Krystal still insists her favorite was the "cookie" room. :)
I'm so SO glad we took the opportunity to go. What a memorable experience!



8 comments:
Oh I loved it too! I dont think I will ever forget the day my family went either (hopefully not)! I'm glad you guys got to go!
that is so sweet im glad you got to go
LOVE all the pictures!! that is so awesome that you were able to go. marissa smiles just like tyler!! she's so pretty. how cute that krystal sand softly during the whole tour, what a cutie. aaron looks very handsome. your kids will never EVER forget this!! what a great experience. i'm so happy for you guys!
ps, love the bandaged glasses. it's funny how appropriate the band-aid is! haha!
Looks like a great time! I'm glad you got to go. Your kids are so sweet. We procrastinated it too - one minute there were tickets and then they were GONE! Shame on me. But at least Maddie got to go with the Young Women.
Love the bandaged glasses - that's a good tip! :)
Looks like you had a great time! I am glad that you all were able to go! It truly was an awesome experience!
Michelle- Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry Marissa's glasses broke. That stinks! I am so glad someone had a band-aid. Looks like a great time! You are are the best!
That was such a sweet post!! I am glad that you had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing!
I am glad someone came up with the bandaid idea! Awesome!
I say we go do a session as a family. That would be really cool. Glad the kids got to go. They'll always remember it.
Post a Comment