Sunday, January 24, 2010

January Tidbits

The other day Tyler said to me (as he plopped on the bed to watch tv): "I am so blessed and lucky! I have a wife who doesn't like tv ... and so (waving the remote around) I just feel SO in control." haha. I don't know what was funnier ... the fact that he has so little control in this marriage :) ... or the fact that a tv remote is a sign of a blessed life. :D

Marissa at her choir concert. It was a fabulous performance ... we loved every minute of it!  She was really worried about being in choir ... but it ended up being her favorite class.  Isn't she beautiful?

I realized at this concert how short she is.  I have no idea why she was placed on the back row (3rd over from the left).  haha ... she is a shorty ... cute shorty, though!


We had parent teacher conference for Aaron this past week. The first thing his teacher said was ... "Well - here's his report card:  straight A's and the highest you can get in citizenship. I honestly racked my brain all this past week to try to think of something Aaron could improve in. And I got nothin'." :)  She then said, "Well, I guess I could encourage him to keep up his practice on the piano, because we're all counting on him to be the star from our class ... and I want to be able to see him down the years and say: 'I taught that kid!!'"  Ahhhhhhh Aaron -- thank heavens you're capable of living up to expectations.  :)


Krystal made these 'eyebrow' out of pretzels at lunch the other day.  She put them above her eyes, waggled them up and down and said, "Helllllllllooooooo Ladies!"  :)  Silly girl!

5 comments:

tiffany said...

marrissa is very pretty

arron is great strat a's wow im amazed

krystal is just to funny love her

Linz said...

Marissa is a beautiful girl! It's okay to be short! =D I am glad she likes choir!

Aaron - what can I say? He is just a doll! I can't wait to say, "I'm related to that guy!!" =D

krystal. So cute! You have great kids!

Soooo funny about the remote! Well, we have to give the hubbies something...

M- your favorite said...

You really do have great kids. Marissa singing was SUPER fun her teacher is one in a million. She was a blast to watch. I loved it!

Aaron is fab as always! He is such a great kids. You got yourself so good kid-os

Krystal- She is FUNNY! I mean FUNNY! the things she comes up with and just funny!

Pat and Brent said...

That Krystal - where does she come up with these things?

Way to go Aaron. It's wonderful to get that kind of report at parent-teachers conference!

Marissa IS a very beautiful girl and she'll probably get a little taller.

Love these kids - and you're lucky to have a hubby who feels he has a blessed life.

mandi said...

You have amazing kids!! I wish I was not into TV, but both Paul and I adore it. That's super funny - I'm glad Tyler has something to control!