Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Signs of Spring .... maybe?

We have all just LOVED the awesome spring weather this past week.  Here is a picture of our VERY first flower that bloomed.  It would open up SO big during the day and close up at night.  I never realized flowers did that, so me and the kids thought it was the coolest thing EV.ER!  I love them. Wish we had a thousand more.  But, little by little we'll get there.


It's only been 2 weeks of grass stained pants and I am SO DONE!!  It's gonna be shorts every day if this keeps up.  But, at least I'm not alone as a Mom.  All of Aaron's friends seem to sport the green kneebies as well.  :)  Another sign of spring:  Rocks, rocks, and more rocks.  My kids just canNOT get enough of rocks.  WEIRD!!

Oh ... and don't forget dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt ... pretty much never ending dirt.  And then it multiplies by 10,000 come Summer.  :D!

I LOVE pretty spring colors and clothes ... and yummy, sweet, (and cheap -- very noteworthy) strawberries!

Playing outside until dark (even when the work's not done ... Spring has to be in full force before THAT starts getting reinforced ... haha)!  Scooters, bikes, skateboards, sidewalk chalk, hula hoops and stuff taking over the garage ... and the beginning of outdoor scuffs and scratches.


Krystal's tulips (we each chose 10 bulbs and planted them all together, but - ya know - it's Krystal - they're hers.)  The first flower started to show right on her birthday.  She was beyond thrilled.  Look at 'em now!  


She earned 5 toys from the dollar store for sleeping in her own bed all night 10 times (she's 5 -- it's time - hahaha) ... and picked flower seeds for one of her prizes.  :)  So ... we'll see how those turn out.

And now today is rainy, windy, cold and gray.  But - we needed a day inside anyway ... well, Marissa went shopping with a friend :).  And Aaron has a big animal project he's working on ... life just seems to continue full force.  Happy Spring everyone!

Update on the grant:  We're still at 23, but feel REEEEEALLY close to 22.  We need to be in the top 10 in 10 days.  Yikes.  So, keep voting like crazy!  Thanks for the help! 

4 comments:

tiffany said...

love the pictures marrissa is so pretty

The Jackson Family said...

The flowers are way pretty! That is so cute they bloomed on Krystals B-day. I wonder if I can bribe Ethan with dollar store toys to stay in his bed-good job krissy!

mandi said...

Yay for spring! Those are great pictures! What is that yellow flower?? I must have it! SO pretty.

I'm really glad you remind me to vote - I want to do it, but my memory is not the best. :)

Hillary Luke said...

You can't post pictures of strawberries! It's torture!!!