Monday, April 26, 2010

Cub Scouts

Wow. I am behind several posts. Tyler is Cub Master in our ward, and the boys have had some really fun activities the past couple of months. This month the theme is "Spring Into Action", so the cubs have been doing a lot of service to earn their "Community Service" ribbon for their Year of Celebration patches.  The whole month has been a huge success ... Aaron helped clean the church (which I have no pictures of), participated in this "clear a neighbor's yard of rocks" service project, and he helped get our whole garden weeded (pictures posted later, I guess) to earn his ribbon (which he'll receive next week). I'm SO proud of him!

Here is the Ty-man and his awesome PACK (missing several)!!


We live in the best area. Such a fabulous group of boys!

Krystal had to get in on the action, of course.


I loved this picture!! Aaron went to scoop up some rocks, and the top of his shovel fell right off. Chandler (the boy with the "Holy Cow!" look) totally made this face when it happened. I laughed so hard ... and then made them "re-do" it for a picture. :) This ward has such amazing support. We have THE best den leaders in the world!


Leave it to the cub scouts to find the biggest rock EV.ER. They had to take turns digging it out the whole hour we were there. Here they all are trying to pull that thing out of the ground.



Noooooowwwwwww ... here are some pictures of LAST month's pack meeting: Paper Airplane Derby. Aaron had a blast!  I think all the boys did. It was a very stressful and chaotic evening for Tyler and I, though. SO CRAZY!!!!

The Wolves were in charge of the flag ceremony, and it was really, REALLY special to watch my Aar-Bear participate.He did such a good job!


All the cub scouts had to fold their OWN paper airplane to compete in the derby ... kids under 8 could participate with their parents help.


Here is Aaron's completed Airplane. He worked all month perfecting a cool plane that Tyler taught him. In fact, his 2nd grade teacher told me that there was a handful of 2nd graders that taught all the kids in their classes how to fold paper airplanes during recess --- and the teachers eventually had to ban paper airplanes from school because they were everywhere.  haha! ANYWAY - after working all month on one model, his Aunt Tina came to hang out the day of the derby and taught him a WAY cooler model. So - he decided to wing it with that one.  :) He tied for 2nd or 3rd place (I can't remember now) - and, even though he didn't win the tie-breaker, it was obviously effective. Didn't he do a good job folding that
do you approve Teener?)


I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of the coolest part, the obstacle course with hanging hula hoops. DUH!! But, here is Aaron competing in the Accuracy test and in the Distance test. He did awesome. I love the faces on all the boys ... pure focus.


Aaron earned his Bobcat this night too. Good job bud!!


This cub scout business is really growing on us.

4 comments:

M- your favorite said...

That is so awesome! I love the paper air planes. he did a fab job at folding that air plane. Man the scouts has you guys very busy! I am so glad that you are enjoying it.

Linz said...

I loved being in cubs! It is such a great age group, and they have so much fun! I just have to thank Ty for being a great cub leader! It makes all the difference for the boys to have a dedicated leader! So (even though I don't know all of your boys), Thanks for all tha hard work Ty!!

Hillary L said...

Awesome! What a great idea. We have a CHEER jar and the kids pick a cheer out of it. (Cheer soap box) It seems to be working better with the cheers. It also explains what they are suppose to do. So fun! P.S. I need your e-mail address so I can invite you to my blog. I need it because you always make me feel good that I'm posting.

Tina Jenson said...

Way to GO AarBear!!!! What a good boyscout! I am QUITE impressed that you learned it so well and were able to fold such a good plane with just a day's practice! You Rock!!! ..and yes, I VERY MUCH SO approve!!! :)