Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Earl Grey

We finally did another paint color in our house ... exactly a year after we painted the piano room.  Here it is ... the color Earl Grey.  I know - it sounds absolutely hideous. but I've been envying a good friend's walls for months - and that's the name of this color.  I love it.  And THEN ... while watching the newest food network star winner, Aarti - she used an ingredient called "Earl Grey Tea"!  Go figure.  Apparently, Earl Grey Tea has an orange blossom - glorious smell.  So - Earl Grey ain't so bad anymore, eh?

I kept refusing to let the kids help all day while I was painting ... and the second Tyler gets home - he's got the kiddos going to town!  I was ready to be angry - and then Krystal turned around and said, "is it pretty, mama?  Am I doing such a good job?"  Awwwwwwww!!  How could I deny this face?
She was so SO happy (understatement) to help - and so proud of herself.  The kids painted behind the fridge and stove (so I could handle that), and they were in heaven.  

Here I am painting our SCARY stairwell.  Unfortunately - the only place the tape didn't leave a nice straight line was on the walls around the stairs.  BUMMER!!  I'll be up that ladder again someday soon to fix it all.
Here's the end result.  Is it pretty?  :)  Earl Grey - you're lookin' mighty fine on my walls!





I then made the ridiculous mistake of painting an accent wall red - with paint from Home Depot.  4 (yes, FOUR!!) coats and a strained neck later - I hate it.  And now, 3 weeks later - I still hate it ... but, my neck is still so very fragile and sore -- I'll have to wait to paint over it.


So - soon ... it's all EARL GREY in our tv room.  I decided that no accent wall was needed - and don't ever go for the Cinnamon Cherry red ... no matter how good and yummy it sounds.  ;)

6 comments:

Justin and Lacie said...

I love love love your paint!

Linz said...

I love it!! And for the record - we painted our bedroom grey. Not that exact shade, but simular. I LOVE IT!!!

tiffany said...

i love the gray wall looks wonderful my condo had kaki walls & the accent wall was named mature grape it was deep dark purple like eggplant

M- your favorite said...

I love the gray! LOVE IT!

Kent said...

I like it! I even like the Cinnamon Cherry red wall. I would say leave it that way at least until I can see it in person! Then if you still don't like it you can paint over it.

Pat and Brent said...

Love the paint. It has really added a lot of character to your home. I'm with Kent - I think the red wall is really nice. Try to like it at least until your neck heals.