We took our first camping trip this Summer over the 24th of July weekend - just right above us at the Spanish Oaks campground and reservoir. We went with the Jers and Plonns fam and had a great time. I took over 100 pictures - and could only cut that down to about 60. hahahaha. So - there will be a few posts:
We got to the campground in the afternoon and got all our gear set up. We were all DYING of heat ... so, we trekked the few steps to the reservoir to cool down! We really enjoyed it there:
Sitting in the shade of the umbrella or being in the water ... even putting our feet in the water worked wonders. The water was super cold -- but, the kids were very refreshed and were able to get in and out no problem:
Just loungin' - the best part of vacationing!
Every time we got to the reservoir, the kids and Ty and Jer would use all the power they had to dislodge this huge log that the kids would play on. The kids were always so worn out from trying to get it unstuck - they didn't ever end up playing on it for very long. ;) And, check out the cool sand-heart that Marissa made! Cute. I love the ripples from the water in the background.
Aaron and Kevin did all kinds of swimming all over the reservoir. I'm so proud of those guys - they were fast little swimmers. Here they are swimming back to shore after playing on the log - just chatting away. :) So cute.
Here are the girls (and Ty ;)) keepin' cooler with our feet in the water.
Play, play, playplayplay!
Here are the kids taking a break to have a snack in the warm sun. They loved to soak up the sun after swimming in the cold water.
Many more pics to come! We really had a fantastic time!
4 comments:
sgain you guys make swimming look so fun im glad you guys had fun
You guys have had the best summer, haven't you?!?! Awesome pictures!! I am so glad you had fun!
Fun, fun. I've been to the reservoir once, but I didn't know there was camping too. Cool. Just so you know, I'm stealing the sand heart picture. I'm sure I can use it on a blog post or something. So cute!
Heya Ange - we really ought to meet at the reservoir sometime with our families. That would be really fun. I'm glad you like the sand heart pic!
Post a Comment