Saturday, May 12, 2012

Color Festival 2012

Our kiddos keep us young by insisting on us participating in events such as the Hari Krishna Color Festival here in Spanish Fork.  It is a fun and crazy day!

Here we are in our white-est clothes ready to get colorful!

 

Aaron's hair looked SO sweet with the colors just starting in it!  Marissa was happy to have two of her buds join us for the fun day -- Sierra and Sephra.
 

Just warming up with the color throws:

 

LOVE that I get to be a part of Marissa's life!  (I don't look toooooo much older than these cuties, do I? --- Nah.  I blend right in.  hahaha!)

Thanks to our good friend Heather (Sierra's Mom) who dropped us off at the Hari Krishna temple so that we didn't have to fight traffic -- both Ty and I got to go together this year.  It was fun to have that kind of a date with the hubster again!
 

Cute Besties!  I love how Sierra's eyelashes are dusted with bright pink ... and Marissa managed to get some blue on her teeth.  haha!  Oh, they are beautiful girls!

I drew a smiley on T-Man's belly.  :)

Just another one of Ty's crazy faces (gotta love the colorful goatee) ... and Marissa's gorgeous looks (gotta love the dark purple splotched eyebrows).
 

We love our good friends!


Look at this crowd!  We came at 11:00 in the morning - when it's the LEAST crowded.  By nightfall - there are like quadruple this amount.  It's impossible to drive anywhere in Spanish the night of ColorFest.  Crazy!!

"Better watch out, Mom!"

Here we are getting ready for the countdown.  My plan was to keep us on the outskirts of the crowd - and while we were closer to the edge - a lot of people crowded in around us and behind us.  It made me a little nervous.


Can you see why?  Holy MOLY - it gets SO colorful that we come outta there a grayish-brown mix.  :)  I instructed Aaron and Scott to keep their heads DOWN - and, as you can see, they were very obedient. ;)  Marissa and Sierra AND Tyler went crazy.  Sephra just tolerated - haha!
 

Marissa can barely open her eyes or mouth (to cheer and yell) anymore - but she's still tossing colors as much as she can!  I love it!

LOL!!  Should I feel guilty for pretty much making them miss it?  Look how colorful Aaron's hair got!!!

Looking pretty gray at the end - and feeling SUPER ready for a shower!
 

 


You'd think we would try to just hose ourselves down before we go inside - but, the color was pretty much stuck to us.  We chucked our clothes  ;), enjoyed our showers (that looked like Kool-Aid going down the drain), and giggled at the spots on our bodies that were stained for several days.  What a fun family event.  Maybe Krystal can come with us in a couple of years too!

3 comments:

Linz said...

I want to come next year!!!!! That looks like SO much fun!!

tiffany said...

i wanna come too let me know about a month in advance and i will take the tiome off of work it looks so fun

Michelle said...

Yes and triple Yes!!! That would be such a fun weekend. We'll have a bbq the night before - and get lunch somewhere yummy the day of. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for the exact date. It'll for sure be in March around the first day of Spring. Let's plan for it, k guys?!?

And really - littler kids are fine to go. I just get stressed out about the crowds -- so, we can discuss our options there. ;)