I am so far behind in blogging. It really bugs me. I need to catch up. I think this is the last post for the month of April -- or possibly one of the first posts for the month of May. Our Bishop challenged us to spend an entire evening together for Family Home Evenings (rather than just a lesson) - so, we have really tried to take that to heart. We really are an "on the go" family sometimes, I feel like. Our kids are old enough that they are invited to friends for entire evenings -- we have sports in the evenings -- Tyler works most evenings -- I do things in the evenings ... all separate from each other. I never imagined what a challenge it would be to spend ENTIRE evenings together (it sounded simple enough - but, it's truly easier said than done!) That being said -- we have drastically improved (it is June right now) since April. But, this post is of one of our first "Full Length" FHE's.
(I don't usually take pictures of our FHE lessons - but, tonight WAS our first full lengther - and the kids got a kick out of posing with these "arrow temptations" that they could TOTALLY dodge ... and send flying away ... and scatter everywhere -- you get the idea). Anywho - presenting the story of Samuel the Lamanite and how we can avoid temptation in our own lives ... no arrows can hit us!!
After dinner and a lesson - we headed outside for a family walk/bike/roller blade outing:
We stopped under the bridge to get outta the sun a bit and throw rocks into the river:
Here is Krystal asking if she can PRETTY PLEASE bring just ONE more rock home for her collection? :) Aaaaaaaaaand ... who is THAT handsome devil, you ask? All mine I say! ;)
Tyler bragged about his awesome rock skipping skills - and kept offering the kids all kinds of extravagant prizes if he could skip it so many times. Well ... this picture is of his "Quadruple or Nothing'" offer when he finally got the rock to skip across the river. The kids really didn't get a choice to accept or decline each double or nothin'/triple or nothin'/quadruple or nothin' offer - so, they got nothin'. haha. We had fun.
Aaron and his buddies built this club house along the trail out of broken branches. My jaw seriously dropped to the floor when I saw this! It's like a humongous beaver dam and pretty darn big inside! These boys are quite gung ho, I tell ya. Coolness flowing over!
He was really excited to show us. I'm glad we had this evening together. It really makes us a happier family.
2 comments:
What a wonderful idea! THis looks like such a fun family night! WAy to go!
Way to go on a full length FHE! I'm impressed! :) Are you also amazed that there are still rocks under that bridge to throw? I think that every time we are there, as my kids are throwing millions of rocks into the river! How are there still enough every time we go? Glad we live in such an awesome place!
Post a Comment