Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Krystal - Star Student Special

For the last couple months of school, Krystal's first grade teacher sent home a "Star Student" challenge sheet with about 20 suggestions of extra credit the first graders could complete to be part of a Star Student party (they each had to complete 10 of the suggested projects to get the star student recognition). Well. Krystal was NOT okay doing only 10 of the projects - and pestered me and pestered me until all 20 items on that list were finished. In hindsight, I really wish I would have kept that list (with all of Krystal's smiley faces drawn by the finished projects), because: 1 - it was a tremendous amount of work, and 2 - I don't remember hardly any of the suggestions [she memorized poems, wrote poems, completed a 5 page report, put on a puppet show, etc. etc. etc]. I am just here to say - Krystal was a crazy woman with that list - and really went all out. Several projects needed parental help -- and, this science project was one of them.  Anywho - here she is - after much begging and pleading for my help - another check mark on her list. :)
Oh. And just in case you weren't sure -- she TOTALLY earned "Star Student" status. Got a certificate and everything. I'm sure I have a picture of it somewhere. *sigh* This being so behind on blogging thing really stinks ... I don't remember details, I don't know where important papers/photos are ... ;)

2 comments:

tiffany said...

she is one determind girl and i love the video its awsome

Linz said...

What a cutie! I love to see that kind of go-get em'-ness!! She rocks! So do you! :)