Saturday, November 13, 2010

Halloween Carnival

Wow. I have so many Halloween pictures to post! So - hold on to yer britches! ;)

The young men and young women in our ward put together an AMAZING Halloween carnival for all of us. It was seriously awesome.

Of all the "booths" available .... Krystal OBVIOUSLY chose the "manicure" station very first - and had her fingernails painted all glittery.  Then - check out this elephant!!!  Is that the coolest?!?  Kids put a peanut in the elephant's trunk - and then out came a candy for them.  I'm not (too) ashamed to admit that I got a little teary as I watched several littles squeal with delight, jump up and down, and clap their hands as they "fed the elephant".  So. Stinkin'. Cute.


Marissa manned the "Cookie Walk" booth.  The young women made tons of sugar cookies for the event.  They did so much work to make all the details cute and fun.  What a huge success!  Here's Krystal rockin' the house at the bean bag toss.


Donut on a String and Fishin' Pond!
 
Face Painting:

 

Check out this cool mural the young women painted for a backdrop for the picture booth.  Pretty sweet, eh?  And - the kids at the picture booth are pretty sweet and cute too, eh?  haha.

 

Marissa really liked the eyelashes she got.  She told me that she didn't care what costume she wore - as long as she could get some cool eyelashes.  I tell ya what - she turned out "deviliciously" cute!


I've said it a million times - and I'll say it again:  we have such a fabulous ward.  There were a few more booths that I didn't get pictures of ... including a "Pie in the Face" booth that was hil.ar.ious!!  A little 5 year old's name got chosen to smash a pie in the face of a member of the bishopric.  She really gave it her all - and it was so funny.  And it's always lots of laughs to hang out with friends and eat lots of chili (when you have so many good ones to choose from - ya just gotta have lotsa helpins!)  Good times - good times!

4 comments:

tiffany said...

first off marrissa is so pretty aaron & krystal are so cute love all of their costumes the mural the yw paint is amazing your ward is so fun what a fun halloween party

Pat and Brent said...

You really have a fabulous ward! Krystal is such a princess - and Marissa is gorgeous. That is a really cool party.

Linz said...

COOL Eyelashes!! What a great ward and ward party! THat's awesome!!

M- your favorite said...

LOOKS LIKE A TON OF FUN! It makes it nice to have a ward you love!