Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

 We have the greatest times with the Petersons!!  Here are some pictures of the gingerbread adventures we had with them:

Not sure if I'd recommend the little itty-bitty gingerbread houses that we got this year.  I thought it would be really cool for each person in our family to decorate their own house, but - those little guys were triiiiiiiiicky to put together!  After some intense puzzling :) among the grown ups - the kids got to start the decorating:

... er ... make that TASTING and decorating!
 



Aaron and Ellie both pose in true 8-year-old form.  ;)  Lookin' pretty fancy and yummy, yeah?

Marissa's mini house fell apart - so we bagged that one - and she and I worked on this cute apartment building.  Not too shabby!  Ty artfully constructed the tee-pee.
 

Here are the final results.  What a fabulous night!  Thanks good buddies!  (Krystal was already crying because it was time to go ... it is so hard being the youngest.  :) )

5 comments:

tiffany said...

that looks fun i never made a gingerbread house before im going to have to make one soon they turned out so cute

Jeni said...

I think next year I'm going to try the graham-cracker-over-the-mini-milk-carton houses. It seems pretty fool proof and I like graham crackers better than gingerbread anyway!

Linz said...

Cute cute cute!! What a fun thing to do!!

M- your favorite said...

CUTE! I am so glad you have good friends to hang out with!

Pat and Brent said...

You guys do the funnest things. The houses are very cute. Krystal cracks me up - so sad that fun things have to come to an end.