Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snow Much Fun!

Started out simple ... last week:

 

They had to scrape the grass clean to get this little snowman built.  :)  But - they loved it!
 

Then, the snow reeeeeeeeally started to fall yesterday - and the kids played in it all afternoon and evening.
(I was teaching piano, so I only got this one picture).

But - I stole these pictures from a good friend who had Aaron over!  :) Thanks!

The boys used the snow shovel as a catapult for snow balls.  Pretty ingenious, if ya ask me!
 

And they got a good start on a snow fort!

Then ... it snowed and snowed and snowed .... school was cancelled ... and we had a snow day!
 

I still had to sadly and worriedly say goodbye to my hubby so he could get to work (after an hour or so of shoveling)!

But then me and the kids played and played and played and played and played.  I'm beat!  And, I'm sure they'll all sleep well tonight!

Check out our cool "Snow-Day" Slide!
 

The boys continued their adventuring from yesterday ...

I'm so glad for good buddies like Isaac!  In this picture - it looks like Aaron is taking on ALL three girls in a snowball fight - and claiming victory!!  But, the truth is - he had both Isaac and Max on his team.  :)



 And this crazy lady didn't offer toooo much support for the girl's team ... seeing as she was attracted to this snow like a magnet!!

See what I mean?



Seriously - what am I going to do with her?

So - a snow day.  That doesn't happen often in Utah.  I hope the kiddos remember it forever!

It's gonna be a white Christmas!!

6 comments:

tiffany said...

oh looks like fun i couldnt live in the snow i would have to be filthy rich becuse i wouldnt drive in it im glad you guys got a snow day how fun

Linz said...

Holy Snow!! Looks like fun! We've been getting rained out!

Pat and Brent said...

Brought back many fond memories of Spanish Fork snowstorms. Glad you got a free day to enjoy!

Hope Linz doesn't get washed away in all the rain down St. George way.

Pam and Rand said...

I'm glad you had such a fun day! We need kids around to enjoy and have fun! All I heard was grumbling about the heavy clearing chore.

M- your favorite said...

What a fun snow day! Marissa you are a silly duck. Swimming in the snow. That looks so cold! Glad you liked it!

Kent said...

I am snow jealous!! That looks like a blast.