Marissa just participated in Young Women in Excellence in our ward. What a fabulous night! They put together a Super Hero Value Theme, and Tyler and I quite enjoyed it! I'm kicking myself for not bringing my camera. But - we got some pictures back at home.
The Young Women put together a Super Value skit - and Marissa was "Choice and Accountability" - hence the orange.
Each girl also made a unique shield to show off a value project or goals they passed off this year. Marissa chose the value project she accomplished under "Divine Nature" - the 10+ hour cooking project to show off. Isn't that shield cute?
The girls were each given a CTR ring in whatever "language" they chose. Marissa chose Russian because it "reminds her of Kent and Leisy" (her words!). So - I thought that was really sweet. The girls also got to keep several silly bandz that were decorating the tables - they were awesome - they had shapes of the SLC temple, the words PRAY and FAITH and CTR ... stuff like that. SO CUTE!
Anyway - it was a fun night, and I especially enjoyed Marissa's Super-esque poses in the skit. :)
And, on to more excellence -- Marissa had another hair change! She decided that winter would be a good time to go back to her own dark color. We had forgotten how dark her hair was! The rust highlights are fun too, eh?
This chic, short look on her is really growing on me. It really looks good on her.
And then - just for fun ... Marissa and I saw these two awesome bell ringers at Wal-Mart! We both had a good laugh, got a picture, and donated another dollar (haha - we go to Wally World way too much, and those donated dollars add up!)
EXCELLENT!!

5 comments:
What a fun theme!! Way to go Marissa!! I love her hair!!
And those bell ringers are AWESOME! I am sure they bring in more money than the other ringers!!
WAY TO GO SIS!! I am so proud of you!
Also you hair is amazing! Of course I had to copy the rust color. I love it!
You are growing up way to fast!
way to go marrissa i love the hair also when lindz decided to go back to her natural coor we all were shocked at how dark it was my hair isnt as dark but i cut off all of the blond i had put in it & am shocked @ how dark it is
i love giveing money to bell ringers when i can those bell ringers would have gotten more money from me then anyone else they are awsome
love the ctr ring!! 'выбрать истины'
What a beautiful, sweet, good girl! Love you so much Marissa!!
Post a Comment