Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fishin'

I have never really done a ton of fishing before, and I have to admit - I really quite like it!  We had a lot of fishing opportunities this trip - and fishing is right down my ally.  I can sit back and read - or take pictures - and just visit and relax --- I. Love. It!!

Check out this pretty little cove we James found:



 

We also went fishing the following day (my birthday!) -- here's Mom with her baby -- the stinker Mort (who managed to fall into the lake about 5 times ... hahaha ... poor lil' dude!)


Marissa and the fish she caught!  Woot!  Woot!

This day was rainy and sunny - back and forth - back and forth.  So, we spent some time hangin' out in the car during the worst parts of the downpour.  Here's Sierra, Marissa, and Meggie enjoying the sun one minute - and then gramps waiting out the rain with Mort in the car the next minute.  :)

Waiting out the rain ...

My birthday catch!

6 comments:

Linz said...

Congrats on your birthday catch! That's awesome! Looks like fun. We don't fish at all. Maybe we should try!

Poor little Mort...

M- your favorite said...

HOOT,HOOT! For kind-of catching that fish! :)

tiffany said...

I.LOVE.YOUR.FLOWER.PAANTS SOOOOOO CUTE where did you get them? i might like the catching of the fish but not the eating of the fish not my cup of tea however i have been told that fresh fish is the best & i havent tried fresh fish yet

Kent and Leisy said...

I hate fishing. I feel like I need to take Zeb and Ike sometime just because that's what I'm supposed to do as a father. Maybe they will have a great scout master who will teach them! ;) So how did Morty fall in the lake??? - Kent

Michelle said...

Hahahahaha - You are so funny! Little kids don't love fishing a ton anyway. James and Ty would hook up all the kids' fishing poles and secure them to the kids' chairs - or some rocks. Then, the kids would just play and we would holler if they had a fish. Marissa and Sierra stuck with it pretty good. The fish I caught was actually Sierra's - she had propped her pole to go 4-wheeling. :)

Morty is blind and a dork. He basically just slipped in walking around. It was pretty ridiculous ... and funny ... and sad. ;)

Michelle said...

@ Tiff - I think I got those pants at a grocery store, actually! hahaha. Like Maceys or Albertsons. How crazy is that?