Well, the first day month of school has come and gone. I must have been in complete denial this year about school starting, because we were DEFINITELY not ready. We had just gotten back from our Miller Family Reunion the night before the first day of school. It was then that I realized my kids didn't have backpacks -- and neither Aaron or Marissa had one item of new clothing. We were still in Summer mode 100%. MAN. ALIVE!! Nevertheless - the kids were super enthusiastic about heading off that first day (and I ironed some clothes to make them look more new. :)) To continue the lack of preparedness - my camera was out of batteries (I had a mud caked car to clean still, 3 coolers to scrub, tents/camp equipment still to put away, and loads and loads and loads and loads of laundry to do). Thank Heavens for our buds the Petersons - they got this "first day of school" picture to share with us. :) These kiddos are lookin' pretty chipper for a day of school, eh? (First day chipperness, for sure!)
Unfortunately, Marissa's first day of 9th grade will never be documented. I can't even remember what she wore. But, she was excited for school, too. I DID take a picture of her this morning for School Spirit week - today was "Nerd Day". She' pretty much the cutest "Nerd" I've ever seen, if ya ask me. She even made her suspenders out of masking tape!
The first week or so of school, Aaron got to participate in an "Egg-Drop" event with all the 4th graders. He paired up with Ellie and they came up with an awesome plan to help their egg survive the drop off the school.
Here's Sam, Aaron, and Ellie awaiting the dropping eggs!
And -- here comes Aaron and Ellie's egg! They put the egg in a jar of peanut butter - wrapped that jar in bubble wrap - put it all in a box full of tissues -- taped it all together -- and attached a grocery bag parachute to the box.
I'm here to tell ya - it was probably the LOUDEST egg to drop off the roof. BOOM!!! I thought for sure that there was no way the egg could have survived.
Here's Aaron and Isaac - writing their evaluations/opinions about each egg ... and here are Aaron and Ellie getting ready to open the package to see if the egg was still in one piece:
Well - can you believe that egg survived!?!? Not a single crack ... although the lid to the peanut butter was completely shattered .... CRAZY!!
They were some pretty happy campers:
... and just a liiiiiiittle mess to clean up. :)
That was a really fun day. We like school! (Minus the mornings of ... "Seriously? Didn't I just barely fall asleep?!") I can't believe it's the end of September now! I really love autumn time.

6 comments:
crazy end of summer/first day of school im very impressed that the egg didnt crack and marissa made suspenders out of maxking tape very creative for both of them
oh by the way this is tiffany for both comments its 330 am here forgot to switch accounts
I know!!! Where has this year ran off to?!?!
ANywho - Marissa is the cutest nerd ever!!
And Aaron just getting more and more handsome by the day! I think it's so funny that you didn't have backpacks or cloths on the first day! Sounds a little like something I would do... :)
So cute. Glad you got one picture to document. I think I got pictures of the first day in kindergarten but didn't really think about all the other first days. Pathetic!
I love that you are such an awesome blogger!! I am also glad that we found you guys as friends!! Life wouldn't be the same for us! Your trip looked like so much fun. Aeryn whined the whole time you were gone that she had no one to play with and that she missed Krystal! Here's to many more first days and egg drops!! Love you guys!!
Well, I just forgot to take first day pictures. I have no other excuse. *blush* I think the suspenders were adorable and I am so impressed that the egg didn't break.
Post a Comment