Tuesday, September 13, 2011

On the Lake

We spent a lot of time hangin' out at the lake on our Joe's Valley trip.  The kids had a blast splashing, canoeing, and catching teeny fish!
 


This picture of Krystal, Ethan, and Hanna playing on this log is one of my favorites from our whole trip.  Their faces just show pure joy.

Tyler, of course, managed to get some snorkeling in!  And - I had to include this picture of Ty and James putting the canoe back on the trailer ... it came flying off on one of our treks up to another lake.  Sheesh!!  Good thing we were driving far enough behind so it didn't hit us.
 

Canoeing is cool - ask any of my kids.  :)
Marissa and Sierra got really good at paddling around the lake by the end of our trip.  They couldn't get enough of it - and even opted to canoe over 4-wheeling.  :)

4 comments:

Linz said...

SO fun!! I LOVE that picture of the kids on the log! Absolute joy! Who could ask for more?

tiffany said...

looks like fun i tried canoeing once and couldnt paddle to save my life

Kent and Leisy said...

I hope somebody rocked the canoe hard enough to make some kids cry. I certainly would have if I had been there. Maybe that's why your kids love canoeing so much now!!! ;)
- Kent

Michelle said...

LOL. I'm not sure we had any boat rocking - crazy "scare ya" stories this year in the canoes. But - Marissa reminded us all about the time she got to stay in the tent with you and Leisy once when she was little and we went camping - and Marissa shared the "scary" story and the funny story that you had told her with all the kids this trip.