So, the Young Women Organization is in charge of the Ward Halloween Carnival each year ... and being a new presidency was no excuse -- so plan the Ward Halloween Carnival we did! And, if I do say so myself - it was quite the awesome partay.
Marissa talked us all into going as the cast from ...
The Hunger Games! (who'dda thunk?) :)!
Me and Marissa were so busy the whole night of the party - I only got like 2 pictures of my kids! BUT - I took pictures of most of the set up we did. And THOSE I am posting! It was so much dang work - but, worth it - cuz' the whole night was a huge success.
Here we are in front of the photo-op backdrop by the entrance:
(Marissa: Katniss; Aaron: Seneca the Game Maker; Krystal: Prim; Tyler: Cinna; Me: Effie Trinket)
Just for the record - I believe we had about double or possibly triple more people come to the party then we had tables and chairs set up for -- but, we were kind of planning on that -- and kept the carnival an "open house" style - so people ate and played in continuous shifts. Here's the dining set up (the girls made those candle center pieces out of tp rolls, hot glue, and spray paint!! Pretty amazing, yeah?!) -
In the dining hall we also had: The Candy Mash Contest, a face paint and finger nail polish booth, a Guess the Movie Quote Game, and a Guess the weight of a pumpkin table:
We turned the Primary Room into an interactive mad scientist lab. It was a favorite! Everything was glow in the dark - we had big black lights set up throughout the room - as well as glow sticks all over. It was pretty sweet!
These stations glowed too! Everyone had to wear disposable gloves to play in the glow-in-the-dark cornstarch and water - and were able to fling it on the black sheets in the room. It looked awesome. Then just squishing and playing with the glitter gel packs was super fun:
There were lots of these kind of "feel it" boxes. They kinda grossed me out. :) But, they were sure a hit!
All the details really added up to an awesome and effective atmosphere. These hanging bats were made out of the lids of the black spray paint we used for the candles! :)
The Young Woman President is extremely talented and made all these life size paintings for the "Halloween Maze" in the Relief Society room. It was pretty spectacular:
There were little games set up all throughout this room too: (Feed the Elephant, Jack-O-Lantern bean bag toss, witch hat ring toss) - lots of opportunities for kiddos to fill their bags with candy and get great pictures.
Some of the other classrooms were filled with other fun games like Donut on a String (didn't get a picture), this Spooky Swamp Fishing Game, and this Punkin Putt Putt Room. I wish I would have been able to get pictures of the kids golfing in here - there were so many cute obstacles to go through and around. My kiddos loved it! But - this is the only picture I got. :(
I was quite proud of our costumes. We put them together on a $10.00 budget. (Except Marissa who bought her own stuff - boots and pants):
I hardly saw Krystal the whole night. Granted - me and Marissa were like crazy people manning stations and punching cards and handing out candy! (AND plus - Marissa had her robot baby for her Child Development class that weekend -- so she was REALLY a wreck! That baby was colicky that night -- I tell ya what!) BUT - here Krystal is after rocking the Donut On A String game. She had so much fun - Tyler could barely keep up with all she wanted to keep doing! And - check out my hair do. We spent ALL.DAY.LONG. setting up the church - and only had like 30 minutes to get everyone ready that night. I have no clue how I pulled this hair style off, and I wish I could remember what I did, because it looks pretty cool. ;) haha.
These are the awards that we gave for the best costumes. They turned out so cute (Pinterest has such fabulous ideas!) -
Snagged this picture when we started tearing everything down when it was all over:
Fabulous Party! And next year will be LOTS easier - because a lot of the prep work is already complete now. :)
2 comments:
Oh, my goodness!! That was the ward Halloween party of the century!!!!!! Way to go way!! I love your Effie costume!! Your hair does look super fantasic!! Marissa is so cute!! I love Tinkerbell as a witch! Too cute! Awesome job!
Amazing party! Good memories for a lifetime! Your costumes were fabulous. That was A LOT OF WORK. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment