Mid-September we had a fall Youth Conference for the Young Men and Young Women in our ward. The 3 day event turned out to be really fun. Unfortunately - I only got pictures from one evening. The first night we had an "Amazing Race". We put together scripture clues for each team and sent them around town in search of each clue to get their final worksheet. At each stop around town - we had a service opportunity staged (no one in the race new about these opportunities ... not even the leader drivers!) So, it was really fun to talk about Service at the end of the activity - and see who went out of their way to serve ... and who didn't. It was a very effective night. And fun, too!
The next evening - we had an awesome luau - complete with games, an authentic dinner, karaoke, and dessert. :) Here are a few of the pictures I got that night - just the ones with Marissa or me in them (sans words):
Oh - and this one of the pig we ate ... couldn't leave that out!
Ummmm - remember, I said SANS WORDS?!?!
:)
(playing the get to know you .... better .... game)
SO funny ... and weird. Okay -- SO weird! ;)
Tacky Tourist Relay:
I was in charge of Hawaiian Pictionary - so, I didn't get any pictures of that. But, Emma and Marissa drew me some pictures to remember the awesome time we had:
Karaoke Dancing:
What a great night. They all woke up bright and early the next morning to hike Bridal Veil Falls - and enjoyed a homemade J-Dawgs lunch. (I missed the hike day, because I went to Aaron's final football game - his team made it to the end of the tournament and took 3rd place.) But - Marissa said it rocked. And - I believe her! We have a great group of youth in our ward.
1 comment:
how fun looks like a great group of kids and way to go aaron thats awsome
Post a Comment