Grandparent's Day was celebrated at Marissa and Aaron's school on Tuesday (nearly a week ago)! It's about time I posted how much fun the kids had. Grandpa Brent went to their classes to participate in the question/answer and read aloud sessions. Then he took them to the hospital to meet grandma Pat at work for her lunch break. Thank heavens for grandmas and grandpas! The kids had so much fun.
Tyler and I were sooooooo sad that we had to miss the Taylor family reunion this year. We heard that we really missed out on a lot of fun. Thank you all for helping Marissa and Aaron feel comfortable there. They had a blast.
For those of you that don't know - we spent the weekend in the hospital with a very sick Krystal. She had had a fever for several days ... but Wednesday night and Thursday morning started having these weird seizures - and became very lethargic. After many tests - the doctor told us that her glucose levels had become extremely low (which caused the seizures) and she had been trying to fight off a bacteria growth (that showed up in her lab cultures). She is home now and doing much better. She needs to finish the course of antibiotics and follow up with a neurologist. Our pediatrician is also doing some tests to determine a possible metabolic disorder (which would explain why our kids hit rock bottom so fast whenever they get a bug). Anyway - we are anxious to be healthy for a LOOOOOOOOONG time, hopefully. Krystal is really a trooper. The nurses could NOT get an IV in her arm or hand (just left several bruises with all the tries) ... but succeeded to get the IV in her feet (yes - both feet. The first IV got pulled out and another one had to go in. stress.) So, she spent a lot of time saying, "my foot hurts so bad!" On Friday, we were SO ready to get out of there ... but we weren't released until midnight. Krystal spent probably 6 or 7 hours in the play room there (Ty -n- I were seriously ready to go crazy). She couldn't walk on her feet because of the IV, but she didn't let that stop her. She just cruised around 90 miles/hour on her knees. We had to chuck her jammies, because they now have holes in both knees. She really cracked us up.











7 comments:
awwh, michelle... hearing about krystal.... she is amazing. how hard would that be for a young kid to have to crawl to get around? any other person would complain, but i love that krystal just did what she had to do to make it work. that's just how she is. what a sweetie. i'm so happy you guys are home and that she is getting better. i was so worried about her. and i'm sooooooo!!!!! happy that the pediatricion is going to try and find out about that metabolic disorder. i will be praying so hard that he can figure it out. what a blessing that will be! i love you guys so much and SO admire your strength and faith. in my life i really have an enormous amount to be thankful for, and you guys are totally a huge part of that enormousness! haha! you're still in our prayers every day... love you guys.
Krystal is so brave!! She's a fighter and a bouncer - so glad she bounced back quickly. Hope we can find out how to keep these kids healthy forever and ever now! The reunion was fun but would have been so much better with you guys. Looking forward to next year when we can all be there.
She is such a sweetie -I love that smile. Poor kid! I'm glad she is doing better and hopefully they can figure it all out! I MISSED you a ton! It's not the same without you at family outings! Next year is our year, Michelle. We are going to re-create some of our plays for the talent show (just kidden).
Hey Michelle, I was so sad that we didn't see you at the reunion! And I am even MORE sorry that Krystal was so sick! I hope they figure it all out and soon! We thought Auri had a metobolic problem too, because she just doesn't gain weight, but fortunately, after nearly two years, we finally found that she didn't. But it was so horrible to have her tested every few months! And BOOOOO to nurses and needles and missing veins. I was seriously ready to punch some nurses (more than once!). I am glad she is feeling better and I hope they figure out how to get her 100% sson! Take care!
Your kids are too cute to be sick all the time! Hope she gets better soon.
Aaron
Oooh - that sweet thing! Look at her big smile even when she feels yucky - so cute!! I'm glad she's doing better and I hope you can get over all this craziness! We really missed you guys!
Oh I'm so sorry you all had to go through that ordeal. How awful! I hope they can figure things out so it never has to repeat. You've got the sweetest kids. They were so cute at the reunion - and Krystal's smile on that little white face just melts your heart. I'm glad things are getting back to normal!
Post a Comment