Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Patience ... Little by Little



So, I've been working to get our condo fit to be sold. This means that we have to eliminate as much STUFF as possible ... and still be able to raise 3 children in our tiny space while we try to sell. Sound fun? Well - these boxes are just a start, believe it or not. I've managed to finish the kids' closet ... all 3 clothes in one closet + one dresser ain't too bad. How does it look? And then - I'm nearly finished with the piano room (store all room) closet. Am I doing okay? I'm anxious to get a storage shed to put all of our extra stuff in and watch each room TRANSFORM (hopefully)! So -- little by little we are getting there. I've got to stay patient.
Marissa (with help from me) did FIVE hours of homework tonight (and I'm NOT exaggerating - ask Tyler AND Marissa). I knew that she would have a lot tonight (long story), so I really tried to dedicate this afternoon/evening to helping her and encouraging her. The good news is - she finished EVERYTHING ... and will hopefully ace her tests these next two days. The not so good news is that Krystal and Aaron were pretty much on their own for the second half of the day. They did SOOOO good (especially since I did not allow the tv to be on so as not to distract Marissa). Anyway - they were very patient. Krystal fell asleep on the kitchen floor in the process of trying to get my attention while I was finishing up with Miss. So sad. I ended up rocking her for an hour after to try to make up for it. But, she was zonked the whole time ... so, I hope she'll forgive me. She was being so patient. :(

And finally - Tyler ran 2 miles straight today (without stopping to walk)!!!!!!!! He is getting there little by little. He's trying to patient with the weight loss - it'll keep coming off as he keeps up the training. I'm so proud of him. When that alarm goes off at 5:45 in the morning - (and we don't go to bed SUPER early, mind you ... he goes to bed a little sooner than me) - I am just way impressed that he gets out of bed to RUN! I can't even think about pouring a bowl of cereal that early in the morning most days! So .... good job TyTy!

9 comments:

Plonnie said...

WOW. MICHELLE, HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU DO IT???? you boggle my mind.... you accomplish so much, with so much already going on and it's not half a-ed! it's full force. WOW. WOW. WOW. many props to you, over and over again.... you are my inspiration... you talk about PATIENCE... but, WHATEVER! looks like you guys got it down.
and tyler.. keep up the great work. 2 miles... i'm very impressed... WOW. "good thing michelle married the running jenson!"
i think i'm going to go now... i'm still in shock over everything. haha! you guys are amazing!!
love you so much!

Linz said...

Nice closets! Those look professional! Well done!

Krystal is so cute!

And well done Tyler! I keep saying that I am going to get up early to exercise (or even just stay up when Andrew gets up between 5 and 7) but it has yet to happen. You inspire me! I shall stay awake tomorrow!!! (now, whether or not I will exercise....)

M- your favorite said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! You get 3 big cheers for orgainization. Michelle we are amazing! I still have taped on signs on some of my boxes that you made me ooh-10 years ago. So you are organization QUEEN!! I mean I can't believe it- it looks so good. If only my closest looked like that. It looks so nice.

Poor Miss- she had tons of homework. Way to go and stay with her to finish. That is so awesome. You are such a great Mom! I mean it. You are so GREAT!!

Tyler- What the Hell- That is so Awesome! You are doing so good. What is your goal to run? How long have you been doing this? I can NOT even think about getting up at that time to RUN!?! That is great. You are doing such a good job. Keep up the hard work-it will pay off soon.

OOH Krystal- She is so cute! Bless her heart. She fell asleep on the hard floor. OOH! You did make up for it to rock her for an hour. You are to nice!

heidi said...

You are so sweet for rocking your little lady for an hour. And for helping with homework for 5 HOURS! That's a little nuts for someone not even in middle school yet. (She's not in middle school, right?) Kids seem younger than they really are these days.

Getting a house ready to sale does NOT sound fun. Good luck with that.

Plonnie said...

awwh, your comments make MY day! and not only because you're the only one who comments... but because they come from you.
i'm sure glad we have this blog thing so we can keep in touch as well as we do.
lol!
have a great weekend!

M- your favorite said...

Right back at you Michelle. what would I do without you? Thanks for all you do. I love you sooooooo many!!

p.s. Plonnie- I am really sad that your comments don't come up at work anymore. I think it's because of your new background. But I get on your blog to look-somestuff doesn't pull up but, I love you tons. I need to get on at home and see your blog.

Pat and Brent said...

Very, very impressive. Your little place is very nice. You won't have any trouble selling it. I wish that part were all behind us!!(Both of us.) Sweet little Krystal, it's amazing how they can sleep anywhere. I don't ever remember helping with homework like that. You kids were on your own.
OK here it is 8:30 and I just got up and here I am blogging so I won't have to work out - Well I'm going to right now. If Ty can get up at 5:30 guess I can get going. Thanks for the example.

Anonymous said...

krstal you are so cute i just cant stand it ilove u so so so so so so so so so so ssssssssooososoososososoososososoososososoosososooso xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox kisses and hug kisses and hugs

Melisa said...

Hi Guys im back blogging so i had to stop in say hi! good luck with the house saleing (I know i spelled that wrong) I'm sure you will have no problem! cant wait until you are closer so we can hang out more we love you guys!