One of Marissa's homework problems yesterday was:
Look for a pattern. Write the missing numbers. Describe the pattern.
15, 26, 37, 48, __, __
Okay - do you all have your answer?
The answer should be 59 and 70 ... the pattern is add 11. Correct?
Here's what Marissa put...
59 and 610 .... the pattern is: The first digit in each number goes up one (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) - the second digit in each number also goes up one (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10). So, the pattern goes: 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8, 5-9, 6-10.
How in the world do I tell her that she's wrong? Because, technically - she is correct. Sigh.
First Skiing Adventure!
4 years ago
6 comments:
Umm...I went with what she said. Except, I would have just said 60. Hee hee! She is smart! =D
she's right. there is no way the teacher could mark her wrong on that. I say you put her answer! really :) I would like to see that as a teacher, it shows she is thinking and looking for patterns! that's the assignment, right?
She is so cute! I love how she really tries to think and what she came up with is so cute!! I love it! I wonder what that teacher would say. She did the right thing. OOH! I love her to death. She is so smart!
Wow Missy D - you are a smarty pants. I would never have been able to figure out something that complicated!!
hope this doesn't offend.... but i was like that in school. i remember thinking things out like that, those exact patterns.
love marissa SO MUCH!
Ok, that was exactly the pattern that i saw..I saw the first numbers/the ten's spot is 1,2,3,4,and the 2nd number/the ones spot is 5,6,7,8...i wasn't even thinking add 11....Marissa, I think we are brilliant!!!
-LOVE YOU GUYS, Tina
Post a Comment