On Saturday, we attended BYU's "A Nutcraker Christmas" at the Art Museum. We were pretty skeptical at first (mostly because it was so crowded) - but it turned out to be a blast! We also got very lucky, because we saw Laney (Leisy's twin sister) there, and she just GAVE us tickets (she works there). VERY nice! They had lots of performances and fun activities. We first went to the story telling station - which was quite comical. Here are pics of the kids listening to the stories ...



Then we went to the cookie decorating station ... a little crowded, but we survived -and had no problemo eating the cookies :)!
Definitely the hit of the day was Lance the magician/balloon twister extra-ordinare (yeah - Aaron asked for a balloon machine gun ... I'm surprised he even knew what a machine gun was!) This magician was seriously awesome ... and we were all blown away by his magic tricks. We were sitting on the front row - so got to participate in quite a few things. FUN! Here's Ty trying his hand at pulling things out of a hanky ... the magician was much better.
And here's Aaron - trying not to lose my ring. Needless to say, he was really worried when he was holding it so tightly - and then next thing he knew - he was holding a key instead (the key that eventually led to my ring). Krystal cried when she thought my ring was gone. haha. It somehow ended up in a LOCKED box within a box within a box within a box within a bag .... crazy. Anyway ... we all loved it. We hope to get him for Aaron's birthday party. Wouldn't that be cool?!







4 comments:
oh yeah that looks like lots of fun!! i love the pictures of the kids listening to the stories. so adorable.
What a fun day! Those are the things that make good memories. Cute little Aaron - he's an up and coming magician. I love it!
I wish I could be there when Zeb sees Laney. He'll think he has two moms.
I love how excited they are to tell about the fun things you guys are doing. You really do have the cutest kids. I love that they love to listen to stories and really get into everything that you do. They have so much fun!
What a fun trip. I might have to go next time. It looks like a lot of fun!
Love you guys tons!
How very fun!!!! I think I am going to set up a cookie decorating spot right here in my house! HEEHEE!
Post a Comment